Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ECU noise

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi guys VS V6 won't start replaced plugs, leads, dfi, cas, coils are a few months old. When I connect the battery I don't here the noise I usually hear. Is that the ECU making that noise? Should I take the ECU out and send it to someone? Somewhere in another post it said check the ECU earths. Any thoughts appreciated

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
If you’re referring to the short burst of electrical whining you hear when the ignition is turned on before the engine cranks, that’s the fuel pump. If that sound is absent and your car won’t start, start running through fault finding on the fuel pump circuits.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi guys VS V6 won't start replaced plugs, leads, dfi, cas, coils are a few months old. When I connect the battery I don't here the noise I usually hear. Is that the ECU making that noise? Should I take the ECU out and send it to someone? Somewhere in another post it said check the ECU earths. Any thoughts appreciated
You’re talking about the iac in the throttle body, I’m sure.

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
If you’re referring to the short burst of electrical whining you hear when the ignition is turned on before the engine cranks, that’s the fuel pump. If that sound is absent and your car won’t start, start running through fault finding on the fuel pump circuits.
Thanks Grimes, yes it is that sound

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I took out the fuel pump and gave it 12volts and it worked. I noticed the screen filter has a split in it so I suppose that is a good enough reason to get a new pump. Assuming the pump is the original I suppose that is also a good enough reason to get a new one? This pump is very quiet ( I never hear it, except when I reconnect the battery. Is that The fuel pump?) and if original has lasted a long time. does anyone know what brand it would be? Or can someone recommend a brand that I should get? Even before I get a new pump, like Grimes said, I'm going to need to check the fuel pump circuit. All fuses and relays tested ok. Fuses are easy of course but with relays I don't know if I need a certain ohms reading to be sure if they are reliable. Thanks for any help.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
I took out the fuel pump and gave it 12volts and it worked. I noticed the screen filter has a split in it so I suppose that is a good enough reason to get a new pump. Assuming the pump is the original I suppose that is also a good enough reason to get a new one? This pump is very quiet ( I never hear it, except when I reconnect the battery. Is that The fuel pump?) and if original has lasted a long time. does anyone know what brand it would be? Or can someone recommend a brand that I should get? Even before I get a new pump, like Grimes said, I'm going to need to check the fuel pump circuit. All fuses and relays tested ok. Fuses are easy of course but with relays I don't know if I need a certain ohms reading to be sure if they are reliable. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 877DD6B3-34C6-4027-8A86-0FD2C5CF8E36.jpeg
    877DD6B3-34C6-4027-8A86-0FD2C5CF8E36.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 78

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Thanks very much Grimes. I can go through that circuit now. You've got my enthusiasm back up again, I'm looking forward to having another go. Much appreciated