Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS EXEC 95 model BT1. 5 litre no cruise,meow to fit ?

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE + a few VT’s S1’s & S2’s
Hi, I am purchasing a 95 VT 5 litre ex highway patrol car tomorrow and was disappointed it did not have cruise control but the seller assured me that it is all in the loom and all I need do is buy the stalk and fit it and all done.
Not being a negative bloke but I think that scenario seems way to simple to me, so does anyone here now I if he is correct.?

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's. an auto, I thought the "all you do is plug it in" sounded to easy, Well I won't be getting it now till tomorrow, arriving by tilt tray and I'll check it over and probably start collecting the bits you fellows have put me onto, thanks for that, another question does anyone know how many of these BT1's were made each year, I am just curious, I have bought it as a drive car, wanted something a bit different but I want cruise as I will be doing a few miles in it and I want to keep my points.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
If youre going to be driving it so much that youre upset it doesnt have cruise control then I would not be buying a 5 litre petrol guzzler, and if you wanna keep your points why get a v8...
by the way theres heaps of bt1's, sellers try and claim theyre rare and have more power, but theyre not and they dont, there isnt really anything special about them they just have a few features the normal models didnt have

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
OP...its not hard to cruise in them and keep to the speed limit.....mine has been my daily for 16 years and never caused a problem. They aren't super powerful....just a stock 5 litre from factory.

Other "special" items include :-

Speedo in 2 km increments
Speedo "stealth" light (permanently on even with headlights off so the cops could follow you/track your speed at night with less likelihood of being seen)
Sump guard
Dual Airbags
SS Interior
Straight shift from drive to 2nd when shifting manually
Calais interior light
LSD
FE2
ABS
Random extra wiring
Mine also has the odd breathalyser tube (still wrapped in plastic) under the back seat from its civic duty days.

I'm keen to see more details in yours. You should start a ride thread with plenty of pics !

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If youre going to be driving it so much that youre upset it doesnt have cruise control then I would not be buying a 5 litre petrol guzzler, and if you wanna keep your points why get a v8...
by the way theres heaps of bt1's, sellers try and claim theyre rare and have more power, but theyre not and they dont, there isnt really anything special about them they just have a few features the normal models didnt have

I didn't see anything about the OP mentioning economy as a desire.

You can speed just as much in a V6 as a V8, so that point is moot also....

I love my cruise control. I even had it fitted to a Hilux dual cab poverty pack I had as a work car because I like it. The only car I have owned over the past 15 years that didn't have cruise is my Rangie.

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

I said I would be doing a few miles not " if your going to be driving it so much"
I never said I was upset "that your upset it does not have cruise control"
Then you go on to equate the above with why buy a petrol guzzler .....maybe I like cruise control not only for sticking to the speed limit but also I have had back surgery and am partially disabled so cruise allows me to shift around in my seating position and that is important to minimise pain and who gives a **** about how much petrol it will use....... I don't.
You then seem to think that anyone who owns a V8 is incapable of holding onto there points, that was very random thinking, or maybe you meant that if a person doesn't own a V8 then it's impossible for them to speed and that means they won't lose points.....that thinking still seems pretty bizarre to.
As for me asking on VS BT1 production numbers, I was taught that if you don't know the answer to a question than ask someone who might.
I know that they were a model specific variant and offered to all the state & Territories police services so they are not "rare" but I only asked does anyone know how many were produced, just a simple question.
You jumped on that with your dribble about people think this or that blah blah, yeah you are definitely an asset to this forum.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
you had already stated you only wanted it because "I want cruise as I will be doing a few miles in it and I want to keep my points" so what you are saying is you cant drive the speed limit without cruise control?

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
And to assure you I am infact "an asset to this forum" here are some of the bt1 differnces as you asked for- FE2 Suspension, IRS, Sump protector plate and fuel tank protector plate, LSD, 80L fuel tank, police speedometer with individual km markings, and some even say the illusive police chip for an extra 200 gigawatts at the rear catalytic converter