Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS EXEC 95 model BT1. 5 litre no cruise,meow to fit ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The K after the 8V says it's executive, it won't be IRS, no exec came out with IRS.

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
The K after the 8V says it's executive, it won't be IRS, no exec came out with IRS.

Live axle was standard for both Exec and Berlina, and IRS was an optional extra for both. I'd say when an exec was issued with the BT1 option, there would also be the remaining options offered for the police to choose from.

I've seen an IRS Exec at the wreckers. They are not common at all, because most people that wanted IRS would have just gotten an Acclaim. After optioning an Exec with IRS and an auto, the Acclaim would only be just under $2000 more, and has more standard features anyway. I can see why people never optioned up an Exec.

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE + a few VT’s S1’s & S2’s

Sorry not an abba fan but your are incorrect, I listed all the features my executive BT1 has and I posted in that run down that it had IRS, you read my post then posted yours stating that no executive came out with IRS, my exec BT1 has IRS so please accept the fact that you are incorrect.
I am not an abba fan either :)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sorry not an abba fan but your are incorrect, I listed all the features my executive BT1 has and I posted in that run down that it had IRS, you read my post then posted yours stating that no executive came out with IRS, my exec BT1 has IRS so please accept the fact that you are incorrect.
I am not an abba fan either :)

Well there you go then. I was always under the impression that Holden stopped the "optioning up" of base models before the VS came out. They are of the opinion that why offer an option on a base model when they can upsell to a higher luxury model with that equipment as standard.

I did see that you listed IRS, but I also see a lot of people on here list stuff about their cars that they don't have. People make mistakes. Now I know the executive has an IRS option. Another day not wasted as I have learned something.

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well there you go then. I was always under the impression that Holden stopped the "optioning up" of base models before the VS came out. They are of the opinion that why offer an option on a base model when they can upsell to a higher luxury model with that equipment as standard.

I did see that you listed IRS, but I also see a lot of people on here list stuff about their cars that they don't have. People make mistakes. Now I know the executive has an IRS option. Another day not wasted as I have learned something.

Hi, yeah I am fairly new to this forum, actually it's the only site I am a member of and after reading your reply I can understand your post a lot better, I am trying to get photos to upload as I went to the Lismore Holden dealership with my VIN number and they were nice enough to give me a 1 page print out of my car with all options, I then took photos of the print out but my IPad could not get them to load to just Commodores?, I even went to the Optus shop and they could not either, they told me it's not my iPad it's the site or try loading from another computer, so I will put the photos on a memory stick and try and load them from the computer at the local library.
Would rather show the paper work to back up my mouth lol.
Cheers

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Crossy,

Out of interest, what is your passenger side airbag cover like ? Warped to buggery like most of them or have you struck the jackpot and got a decent one ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Best thing is to upload to an online host like photobucket and then link them. Doesn't take up any attachment quota. You are only allowed to upload so many images to this site, no limit to links.

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Best thing is to upload to an online host like photobucket and then link them. Doesn't take up any attachment quota. You are only allowed to upload so many images to this site, no limit to links.

Well I went to a computer shop and it seems I can not get an adapter for a USB stick as IPad are not designed internally to use / support them, yes I am computer illiterate, on VS 5.0 advice in an earlier post I have already joined Photobucket but can't figure out how to use it, I will try again.

crossy1962

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Warped to buggery, although I have read a lot of people in other sites I have visited complain about all the holes in the dash, console etc, well I have no holes anywhere, only mentioning it as a lot of people seem to mention it and to me the dash look normal, also it only has 206 000 klm on the speedo, was told the reason for the low k's but won't bore you with them, I honestly have no idea if they are genuine or not, does not particularly bother me.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My cover is warped but not as bad as some I have seen. No holes in my dash either. And mine clocked up 250,000 this morning.