Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS fuel economy problems

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I'm getting around 13.5l/100km so if you can work it out from there there's another comparison for you. I think it works out to be about 400-450kms per full tank.

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
when you guys say " per full tank " how empty does your fuel gauge show when you refill? i only got 395kms and my gauge was just below the last white line. i had no fuel light on, does the VR2 Acclaim have a fuel light? i swear it does and i never got it on so i probably could of gotten a bit more millage outta the tank. hey when the fuel light does come on, how much fuel would i have left?

trepaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 308
i heard around the traps somewhere that 90km/h is the optimum speed for fuel efficiency, due to wind resistance having a severe effect from this speed upwards

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i get about 340km at 1/4 tank left, so id prolly get 400 bone dry but last time i ran it under 1/4 tank the fuel pump died, so i dont suggest trying it

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
In my case a full tank was from the warning buzzer/light to the nearest servo within 1/2 mile or so.

Ordinary ULP.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
On board cleaning

Had it done on both diesel cruisers, I know it ain't a crumpledoor but it worked very well.

They simply dissconect the fuel line and use their machine as a bypass, it is run at a fast idle blipped now and then for about 5 - 10 minutes and that's it, instant extra power, quicker acceleration, faster throttle, bla bla, but paying near $200 is getting ripped off big time, it should cost around $60 -$80, no more, for a couple of cans of the special mix and the use of the machine.

It does work but go elsewhere to get a better price.

Vs_sharlene

Beats a Kick in the Face!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Damn....

He. I'm driving a VSII Sedan and getting 220km a full tank.

I bought this car recently and i guess it wasn't looked after properley.

If anyone can list in plain english what i should have checked/replaced that would be great.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Vs_sharlene said:
He. I'm driving a VSII Sedan and getting 220km a full tank.

I bought this car recently and i guess it wasn't looked after properley.

If anyone can list in plain english what i should have checked/replaced that would be great.

thats rediculous...
either you've got one hell of a lead-foot,or...
your car needs a good service full service.
personally when i buy a new car,even if the owner says it was serviced yesterday, i still replace just about everything so I know exactly whats in there and when it will need replacing again.

this would usually include: oil, oil filter, coolant, air filter, spark plugs, transmission service kit,power steering fluid, fuel filter, sometimes even the battery (if its in real bad shape) plus give the throttle body a good clean and replace any suspect looking pipes or/ and clamps.

Vs_sharlene

Beats a Kick in the Face!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
sircruisealotVS said:
thats rediculous...
either you've got one hell of a lead-foot,or...
your car needs a good service full service.
personally when i buy a new car,even if the owner says it was serviced yesterday, i still replace just about everything so I know exactly whats in there and when it will need replacing again.

this would usually include: oil, oil filter, coolant, air filter, spark plugs, transmission service kit,power steering fluid, fuel filter, sometimes even the battery (if its in real bad shape) plus give the throttle body a good clean and replace any suspect looking pipes or/ and clamps.

I think this car was used to visit every bloody corner of Australia. The amount of National wildlife park passes and remnents of old camping gear. Should i do anything different/ anything else with that in mind.

(P.s. i had it inspected any the NRMA guy said the transmission under the car was exceptionally dirty)

(P.p.s I also have the Nrma report if anyone wants me to upload it)

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
220 to a full tank ? Joking, is someone pinching it ? my VS wagon with 240K on the clock, full of tools has done 218 and the needle is still 1/16" over half, that's also using the a/c on full and around town only in third gear.
On a trip I get near 500 + / tank before the warning alarm goes off.
Even a V8 driven by a lunatic petrol head would get better than that.
With fuel up here at near $1.28 / lit OUCH !
Best do something soon.