Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs immobiliser

v6monstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs executive
immobliza how to turn off for any time start

hay dude v6monsta here so your commodore wont start cause of the immobilize i can help you with your problem turn your reds on for 45 mins or until the red blinker on your dash stops when it stops turn your car on when you want to turn it off disconnect your battery befor the light comes back on and when you want to go some where put your battery back on and start the car real quick hope i solved your problem. good luck with your commodore:beer chug::idea3:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
These keys dont use a "frequency" to disarm the immobiliser through the ignition switch.Its just a 6 digit code that lets the BCM enable the ECU.It cant be bypassed .Holden can access it from your VIN number.You have to prove ownership before they will do this for you.I got 2 keys programmed not long ago,and he wrote down my VIN and came back with a Tech 1 to program it in.I got the 6 digit number that he used from him so Ive always got it handy.It is about $100 for a new key and $20 to program it.Sometimes if you get lucky they will program it for free.

Last edited:

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
When my key was running down, I had this problem.

Was always able to get started by pushing the "Unlock Button" on the key and trying to start immediately.

same here, my vs will start without hitting the button if i unlock it and fire up straight away but if i wait a minute i have to press unlock again before it will go.
i dont think its a battery issue with mine because it still has enough charge to unlock remotely

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
:doh:dammit, i always forget to read the fine print

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
hey the wife just rang me from in town 12km away and cant start the car ( series 1 VS) the red immobiliser light wont go off so i reckon it is the immobiliser also the buttons on the key wont unlock the doors which makes me think the key is rooted! I cant get in there and its 5.20pm on a saturday so i cant get a new key done. any ideas? its in a f_cked area so if its left there it'll be gone by morning

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
hey the wife just rang me from in town 12km away and cant start the car ( series 1 VS) the red immobiliser light wont go off so i reckon it is the immobiliser also the buttons on the key wont unlock the doors which makes me think the key is rooted! I cant get in there and its 5.20pm on a saturday so i cant get a new key done. any ideas? its in a f_cked area so if its left there it'll be gone by morning

you dont have a key hole in the drivers side door?

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
na mate there isnt one, i just got the rest of the story she dropped the keys in a puddle are they stuffed or will they work if i dry them out?

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
possibly, you could open the boot and crawl through if your boot has a key hole then do the leave the keys in the ignition thing.
also try tapping the key on something sideways like the curb or whatever , that worked for me once ( barely ) when i got my keys wet.

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
sorry mate miss understood ya yeah can get in to the car, the key just wont work at all and she just told me she dropped the keys in a puddle when she was getting them out of her bag something she didnt tell me before