Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs slr5000

slr5000-089

Cause We Can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II SLR 5000
I have one, and mine is build number 89,
With a lot of research, just like yourself, wanting to know, there were 91 made, of which 33 were auto and 58 were manual (source Redbook) I have not seen one with a build number greater than 91 and I do look!, they were a HBD (holden by design) pack and were released in Victoria only. Shipped mainly to country dealers as a cheaper version of an SS.

The material used on the seats is the same as VR Clubsport, i assume that they were using it up, and they did actually come from the HSV factory.... thats where the older HBD stuff was born. They did get a build tag, but not a HSV one because there were no engine modifications. They did get the CAI, (but for my money, it starves the airflow more than the value of the decreased temperature. I find better power through the mid range just by having the larger hole in the bottom of the Airbox.)

The standard extras were:
Panther Mica paint over silver lower.
Factory FE2 suspension.
Part Leather Interior
VL Walkie wheels (what were they thinking, i reckon they look crap on anything newer than VH!)
SS Rear Spoiler
HSV Cold Air Intake
... bout all i can think of at the moment....

If anyone has any better knowledge than this, let me know, not saying that i know everything, or everything that i say is correct... just what i have found.

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
a guy at my old mans work got one of those new for a compnay car. from memory they were released to celebrate the 20th or 25th anniversary for the slr5000 torana.

correct me if im wrong but this is what i can remember, hell this was back in 96 when i was working on my school holidays with my old man.

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
They did get a build tag, but not a HSV one because there were no engine modifications.

they must had a different engine to the VN SV5000 (359 built).
because these had the red version of the black 304efi.

they were 200kw & 410nm.

knock sensor chip, CAI, larger air cleaner, tuned length extractors & free flow exhaust.
internal mods are

re-vised cam, new valve springs, revised exhausts valves and a higher compression ratio. 9.0:1

post 100:)

slr5000-089

Cause We Can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II SLR 5000
They got the same motor as the stock VS Exec. They didn't even get extractors...

geardys

GEARDY
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 v8 ute 5sp
here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 3b_1.jpg
    3b_1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,135
  • 6a_1.jpg
    6a_1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,341
  • 67_1.jpg
    67_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,174

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
look pretty neat...little different.

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Looks like manta... nothin spesh. Is it as slow as a manta?

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
it would be, if not slower, because it had no HSV internal upgrades :p Yeah based on the Exec, you can tell, not a bad ride, especially if its done up :D