Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SS - a future classic?

VRV8man

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Berlina 185i
As an example. A bought a 94 model factory ordered 185i VR Berlina back in 2014 for $2500. Car was in very good condition with a very clean history.

Since I have owned it I have spent some money on it but still keeping it fairly original. Complete sleeper look. I get good feed back from enthusiasts regarding the car telling me how clean it is and if it was an ex cop car etc etc....

About 10 months ago I got offered $6500 for it with zero rego.

What shape works for one might no work for the other. Liking a model of a car is a personal thing. What does it for me may not do it for you. I like the old VR because when I was in my late teens a injected 5litre VR was everywhere and I do have some find memories in a few if them. So it's a personal choice.

In saying all that, this tells me that they are steadily going up in value because original and clean ones are hard to find. If you get your hands on one that's good nick, I would keep it. In saying that I don't think a 5 litre VR VS will be considered as a classic smug as and be worth as much as your Monaro's or XU-1's as such.

Last edited: