Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs t boned, maybe write off

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
VS got T boned buy a guy in a holden rodeo with a massive bull bar yesterday, front door, pillar rear door and rear guard (passenger side) all damaged. me girlfriend was driveing, guy in rodeao failed to give way and hit us. me girlfriend had no time to stop and swerved hard to miss and would have missed him if he didnt keep going and actually stoped and give way. if she didnt sweve it would have been allot worse.

anyway his insurance is covering it all as they took liability etc ( they with AAMI) im with RACQ (only fire and theft insurance) now i think they will write it off due to the repair cost but seeing that its not my insurance company its his, would they have to pay for teh repaires regardless of the price? and not write it off? as i read if its his insurance that has to pay as he was teh one at fault. my cars insured for 4700 or market value whichever is lower with my insurer but for fire and theft. im in QLD

see pics

Attachments

• Image084..jpg
    Image084..jpg
    89 KB · Views: 556
  • Image083..jpg
    Image083..jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 567
  • Image085..jpg
    Image085..jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 519

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
Your gf done a great job by swerving by the looks of it it should be an easy fix for insurance

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
im really glad she swerved :),

yeh i was thinking easy fix however the piller is damaged, can this be repaired?

not heaps of damage but enough

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
All that force has to go somewhere. If the pillar is damaged, the structural integrity of the vehicle is compromised and will never be the same, ie: you could repair it up and have it look fine, but the next little nothing accident that whole side of the car can collapse and not hold up like it did here.

Does that make sense? Its pretty late...

simmons001

I like VS Caprices
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange/VS Caprice S1 5.0
They cannot write the car off, you are not in a contract with them UNLESS...

You use your own insurance.. who will write off your car and then get the cost from the other insurer.. If you do not use your insurer, (private claim, go to a repairer you trust who will handle it) the other guys people pretty much have to either fix it or come to a mutual agreement with you.

Think hard, sign nothing. :)

Oh and if the B pillar is bent? Car goes in bin. Simple as that.

BRAWT_4TH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ssz silver ute
hey man im a apprentice panel beater 2nd year it doesnt look as bad as it does but to be honest the qaurter panel would be cheaper and probley easier to replace same as the doors as for the pillar yes it can be repaired but it would need to be set up to be pulled

BRAWT_4TH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ssz silver ute
p.s like the other guys have said it can be repaired (pillar) but the car itself will never be the same youll probley find it will be a right off

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
It "can" be repaired, but it shouldn't.

shane271184

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx clubsport r8
what a load of crap if it is fixed properly it will be every bit as good as it was before maybe even better as this whole side will be fresh it will look better than the rest of the car anyone who says it will never be as good shouldn't be working on cars and stick to there desk job tossers.

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
You better be able to back that up there son.
Do you realise how much work is going to need to be undertake if the pillar is deformed? the cost invoolved would make it ridiculous, where a new car is a far cheaper and more reliable option. AND it hasn't been crashed into.
There could also be unseen damage here. Driveline and suspension damage, steering, brakes, the shell inside the bay could have bent. Do you understand how much force it takes to stop even a slow moving vehicle? Thats 1.5 ton of steel there.

In short, if the pillar or structural sections are affected - and if you read up a little it has been said - it CAN be fixed, but it SHOULDN'T.