Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS-VY Stock L67 PSI

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much PSI a stock L67 Supercharged V6 runs? I just installed a boost gauge in my VS (with the reconditioned VY L67), I have only road tested it once since I have installed the gauge, and it was running around 4-5 PSI, does that sound about right?

After a while I am thinking of buying the Yella Terra Stealth intercooler kit for the L67 and running between 12-14 PSI, but even the 10 PSI kit would probably be enough.

Thanks.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
They were 6PSI from the factory.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
hey man i can recommend a2a instead of w2a check out l67torque.com for more info on the performance side of this engine. but yes that sounds about right for boost pressure. under wot in the right conditions should see 5-6 psi on the gauge

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Do you have the standard exhaust still on it, or any other modifications?

if its all still factory then as stated, you will see ~6psi in the right conditions.

commonly though, improvements to head flow, cam and exhaust etc will see a reduction in manifold pressure.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Ok, when I take it out on the weekend again, ill see what it reads, I only drove up the road and back which is about 2 kms total.

hey man i can recommend a2a instead of w2a check out l67torque.com for more info on the performance side of this engine. but yes that sounds about right for boost pressure. under wot in the right conditions should see 5-6 psi on the gauge

Thanks mate, ill check that out. I'm not too sure on what intercooler set up to use so its good to find out what the best one would be. I'll go take a look at l67torque.com and see what info I can get from there.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Do you have the standard exhaust still on it, or any other modifications?

if its all still factory then as stated, you will see ~6psi in the right conditions.

commonly though, improvements to head flow, cam and exhaust etc will see a reduction in manifold pressure.

I still have the same exhaust system as I have on the N/A V6, Pacemaker extractors, standard car, 2.5 inch redback exhaust and a redback sports muffler in the middle. Should I change the cat (or any other part of the exhaust) now because its supercharged? It also has the factory L67 cold air intake, K&N pannel filter, etc.

I actually have a question about the diff though, if I was to get an LSD or get mine rebuilt as an LSD, what ratio/gears should I get? 3:08.1, or because it's LSD is it different to the standard diff?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I still have the same exhaust system as I have on the N/A V6, Pacemaker extractors, standard car, 2.5 inch redback exhaust and a redback sports muffler in the middle. Should I change the cat (or any other part of the exhaust) now because its supercharged? It also has the factory L67 cold air intake, K&N pannel filter, etc.

I actually have a question about the diff though, if I was to get an LSD or get mine rebuilt as an LSD, what ratio/gears should I get? 3:08.1, or because it's LSD is it different to the standard diff?

The extractors and 2.5" system could easily account for the lower manifold pres. as gases are being expelled easier. with upgrading it, depends how wild you plan on going with the motor - if your cranking up the boost, intercooling, cam etc, then you will want it to breath much better.

Most ditch the single cat and go twin cats. From there you could keep it twin 2 1/4" the whole way or merge into single 3"

3.08 really isnt a bad ratio, with the extra torque they pull really well with the stock ratio and sit nice on the motorway, but if you are set on replacing the diff gears and have an auto, i would skip 3.45 and go to 3.7

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I had 3.9's in my Statesman and it launched Like a rocket but sat at 2200RPM@100Kph.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
I've just gone twin 2.5" exhaust, merged to single 3" before the diff. Nice and quiet at cruise (even at 2600rpm with the 3.9's), but sounds good under throttle.

Just for comparison, mine with 87mm pulley ("10psi") sits at about 8, but i haven't had a boost gauge on for ages, so would be lower now I'd assume.

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
Delete the boost solenoid,the mod is written up on l67 torque:)

This will stop any electronical interearance with boost if its not operationg correctly.