Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Wagon Rod

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
i'll say it here too, DO IT!!! haha

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Been looking at it n I just keep thinking the front doors are too short to do this and it'd just end up looking like an Astra van. I might just van the rear side windows like I did with my old Volvo 855.

I'd love to be able to van it and just have single windows on the side (eliminate the C pillars) but that's too much work to do at the moment really and just don't have the time for something like that.

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Door speaker builds have been started. I am just waiting for the crazy foam to set so will leave it over night and then work on it again in the morning and it should hopefully be all finished up tomorrow and I will load up photos of it all :)

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Yea, I'd love to get some wheels to really suit the 50's look I'm going for, but it's all the cost aspect. The wheels I have aren't too bad, and when there's some rake on the wagon and the wheels are refurbed in the new color scheme too, they'll really suit it.

I don't really like the whole white walls thing, purely cos it's a pain to do, and I can't easily get 17" flappers.

I have looked into bagging it, but it's just too much money really as I have to add shipping costs over to here for the kits and that's about $500 AUS on it's own!!!!!!! Then import tax too (about another $400), that's almost $1000 before the cost of the actual bits themselves :(

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Shame you lost that last set of wheels, look good imo. I recon get some ss flutes and install them in the front bar, would definatly add to it....and give you another bit to do red on the front bar. Theres a howto in here on how to fit them.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
I have to say it looked good in the first few pictures, but now it looks like a wreck.

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
It's not to everyone's taste, I know, but I love cars that are different as well, to be honest, I'm a bit different!! LOL

Well I decided last minute to slightly redesign the door speaker pods, so I'm waiting for the crazy foam to set over night and do more work on them in my lunch break tomorrow :D It's looking good though :D

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Work in progress on the door cards. Had to do more crazy foam, and now just waiting for the fibreglass filler to set. Then sand them down, get them all nice, and then carpet them :D

293102_10150273585054081_504404080_7756848_1762210_n.jpg

One of them is now sanded down to the right shape, it's not perfect but not bad at all for my first attempt at fiberglass door builds. I'll then see about carpeting them as and when I have the time and the carpet.

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Wooo!! Door builds are done at last!! Had to go up London for a hospital appointment half way through, but gave me a good bit of time to put filler on it (sanded the fiberglass down last night) and let that set ready for sanding the filler back and then carpeting it.

After sanding down the filler:

297342_10150274427849081_504404080_7765406_7175175_n.jpg

All done:

297706_10150274565799081_504404080_7766483_3346619_n.jpg