Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt air bag warning light

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i have a 'new' best friend who is a sparky at holden here, he plugged in the tech 2 and cleared the error code, i had the two front seats out to detail the car a little while ago, that showed up on the tech 2 screen. be gone, beeping noise!

indyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
How much do Holden charge for just resetting the light?

Indy.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i got mine done for 'free', hence my 'new' friend...hee hee..usually they charge $20 for the service

indyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
That's not too bad then. I've just had a major service done on the car a few weeks back and didnt fancy forking out another few hundred just to reset a light!

Indy.

indyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
Geez well I rang two different Holden dealers - both told me it'd be about $100 just to reset it! And then carried on with the "it never goes off for no reason so it'd probably be an expensive job because the airbags are complicated" routine.

All sounds very dodgy to me.

P

paul84

indyblue said:
Geez well I rang two different Holden dealers - both told me it'd be about $100 just to reset it! And then carried on with the "it never goes off for no reason so it'd probably be an expensive job because the airbags are complicated" routine.

I have to agree! I have the same old problem with my VT after getting it detailed. Holden want $50 to 'clean and reset' the switch. Think they are ripping us off.

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
I just took it in to dad's mate, manager at a holden dealer and he got some bloke to come out and reset it for me, he thought I was a customer that bought the car there haha

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
indyblue said:

Spot On! dodgy aint the word for that, it takes them no time at all to do it, i would ring a few holden dealers to find out the cheapest then hit them with that......

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
yes it only takes a minute to clear the codes and make the light go out sure but if it comes back on it will need further diagnosis, this is what you have to pay for, the techs time, the $8000 for the Tech2 ....
Cheers Rob

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
my airbag light started going off after i cleaned the engine
so i took my vt to my holden service centre today to get the airbag light reset.
rang one dealer who told me it would be $88 per hour & they couldn't do it till next week.
rang another one where i used to get the car serviced & was told to bring the car down & they would have a look at it.
they brought out the tech 2 cleared the light all free of charge
so far its all good