Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Berlina fan speed amplifier

bundy_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Hi guys, Holden have told me the above part wont be in stock dill at least mid december.

The Air Con on High constantly is driving me nuts, is there anywhere else i can get one of these parts?

Iv checked just about every wrecker in the south east of queensland with no luck, they all have tons of the normal air con resistor but none of the climate control version.

Repco, Supercheap etc say they dont stock them.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi guys, Holden have told me the above part wont be in stock dill at least mid december.

The Air Con on High constantly is driving me nuts, is there anywhere else i can get one of these parts?

Iv checked just about every wrecker in the south east of queensland with no luck, they all have tons of the normal air con resistor but none of the climate control version.

Repco, Supercheap etc say they dont stock them.

Hey bundy

Do you know if the amplifier for the VX is the same as a VY and do you know what is wrong with yours?

The reason I ask is that VY amplifiers have a soldered flat strip running up one side, which breaks free because the solder at one end gives way. It can be resoldered easily and the amplifier can be successfully re-used. Another member of the fourm on the VY or VZ section a few months back related how he had repaired his amplifier this way and it worked ok when re-installed.

If your amp is the same, and you can solder, it's a simple job and well worth the effort. A new amp, if you can get one, is at least $80 or so trade (at least, mine was) and once I found out they can be repaired, I re-soldered mine and keep it as a spare.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
where are these things located as i have the same problem , id like to try the re solder trick

bundy_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
where are these things located as i have the same problem , id like to try the re solder trick

Hi banga, they are behind the glovebox on the right hand side, simply unclip the electrical connection and undo by 2 screws, the ones on the berlina have a white face, and i think the standard air cons have a black face.

blown berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina s2 supercharged
very interested on the outcome to this problem as my vt has exatly the same problem..works fine but as soon as you accellerate the fan cuts out then as you ease off the throttle the fan kicks back in....very annoying..please keep posted ..cheers

Hossam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Hi Guys can anyone post a photo of the fan speed amplifier or describe where and what it looks like on a VT Berlina PLS?
I removed the passengers side cover of the centre console but don't know what the F.S.A. looks like so I stopped.