Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT not starting - immobiliser / BCM??

D

devilly

easiest and cheapest way is replace all 3 :) that's what i did,get a bcm with matching key fob and the ecu that matches the bcm.

so i swapped them all out to find i had the same problem and found one of my connectors to bcm had been broken off.

if the dash lights up check the codes by bridging pins 5-6 then you might get a fault code and have and idea what the problem is.

Vt golden beast

Reaction score
Members Ride
50th anniversary edition vt berlina
Hi all, not sure how to start a new thread but need help with my vt 50th anniversary edition berlina 99 to 2000 model, anyways a few months back we had no central locking or interior lights or anything, the car would crank but no fire, so we got a new keys remote and still the same thing so we got another ecu and bcm with the matching key, it still wouldnt start or anything then we found out it was the pcm plug wasnt plugged in properly so did that and everything worked (interior lights,all dash components, central locking even started up fine until 4 days ago we went to take the kids to school then bang the same crap again, so i checked all plugs on bcm also on the ecu but all fine, the fuel pump primes and the motor cranks but its like the immobilizer is kicking in or something but not sure as theres no central locking,interior lights etc, the mechanic who fixed it last time told me to check all the fuses for the bcm and pcm but they all good as i got a fuse checker light so im brain f++ked on this one as im no mechanic or electrician myself!

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Been there, done that last year. Total PITA....power, crank..no start. Sometimes it'd start first go and other times it took 10-20 tries.

Finally found out it was the ECU relay fuse. It had started to burn out on the inside (no outward signs). Took a good auto sparky to find the issue and also ages for the car to play up on someone to diagnose the issue. I wasted a ton of time like others here for a $20.00 fix. Worth looking at.

Joan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2
Hi i got a vt commodore it 1999 i have had 2 machines look at and they canr even work it out im just trying to find out if is my key that the problem it starts my car i drive for it bit then it just stop running i can turn it so it running again and it still happens please someone help

D

devilly

That can happen if the fuel filter has been changed.it can also happen if the little ball on the key fob isn't touching the ignition barrel spring loaded part. there the easiest to start with. change fuel filter and check the barrel spring is touching the ball.

Joan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2
Thanks delvilly the fuel pump and filter have been changed the other day we had the car running well but this morning it happen again i see about the key ball

Joan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2
Well it got nothing to do with the fuel filter or pump they are working fineand it not the key ball it touching it does anyone else have any ideas what else i can try

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
when the car stops does it start immediately or do you have to wait say 10 minutes
have you checked for fault codes
do you mean mechanics have checked car or friends who think they are mechanics

Joan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s2
Sometime i have to wait to start it and some it start immediately i have 1 real mechanics come out 3 time and he even called another real mechanice out because he couldnt work it out they did say vehicle has a fault codes for knock sensor malfunction and rich and lean code

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
does it happen more frequently when car is hot
does the ignition barrel feel normal
eg noticeable stops in each position and springs back from start to run position
if no other clues i would be having crank angle sensor replaced as these are very common
and cause the symptoms you describe