Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT stalling while driving

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I am glad you didn't pay
Its unbeliveable i read some times on this forom.........The machaic charged me $$$$$$$$$$ and didn't fix the problem ...I like what the hell did you pay him for

wat about labour costs and the time they took 2 stop and look at ur car instead of working on other paying customers? if thats the case he could of told u where 2 go b4 u walked in the door lol. If the problem isnt fixed then obviously u try another mechanixc with different experences and knowlege. Not all mechs r trained the same every1 has their own methods and theories ect....

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
wat about labour costs and the time they took 2 stop and look at ur car instead of working on other paying customers? if thats the case he could of told u where 2 go b4 u walked in the door lol. If the problem isnt fixed then obviously u try another mechanixc with different experences and knowlege. Not all mechs r trained the same every1 has their own methods and theories ect....

Do you think i should pay for the whole amount of new part???
And loose the money on the one month old part ???

VT Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2 Wagon
Since I had my car at the first mechanics workshop I have heard nothing but bad reports about him. I payed for work that I asked him to do but not pulling out 2 crank angle sensors to check if that was the problem or not.

If he didn't fix it why pay.

After all, he wdid use to be the head mechanic at a FORD dealership so I should of known better.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Do you think i should pay for the whole amount of new part???
And loose the money on the one month old part ???

If u kept the new part on ur car then yes.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
incorrect gap on the balancer that the cas reads off can cause a long term problem of
spiking cas signals that can cause the car to shudder (drop some rpm) or even stall
when fault occurs (hot enough to do it) puring water on cas bridges gaps on pick up of cas and it starts

food for thought

on MY CAR i replaced pump no fix, then replaced cas no fix after two weeks reappeared, then replaced balancer and cas (to be sure
i also tightened terminals that plug onto cas been good now for 12 months...

this was all done on my series one 2000 model v6 ecotec
i had previously as im anal replaced coils dfi and most cooling system components and valleys and eng mounts and you get the idea

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
im guessing everyone is running a pod filter WITHOUT a heat shield , and what is C.A.S ?
i have the same problem then starts 10 mins later ....i think its my pod filter sucking in to much hot air , gonna make a shield and see
keep you all posted

bones308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vts 1999 V6
hi

i've had the same problem
2x CAS sensors,new CAM sensor,replacement DFI plus COILS,new fuses and relays,IAC value cleaned, Throttle Body cleaned, New battery cables
all with NO FAULT CODES SHOWN
and the last part changed was Fuel Pump plus filter ,she's been OK for a few weeks now EVEN IN HOT WEATHER city traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!

revhead1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore v8
could be fuel pump they can stop and start when on the way out ... or fuel pump relay like mentioned a few times

revhead1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore v8
if ur engines are covered in oil n dirt the cas cant get any cool air flow either which wont be helping ur problem

meh

Reaction score
Members Ride
48215, VT, VZ
anyone with these stall issues, hows it sound on a cold start?