Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Acclaim II - Blurry rear window tint

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Just bought my car and the rear window tint is blurry. Is it possible to have the tint removed and then replaced with a darker but non blurry one??? Or will the tint be too hard to be removed. Has anyone seeing this before???

Cheers

jvp007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 S
Yep - mine had a blurry rear window tint. I got it changed at Solartint for around $90 i think it was. They removed the existing tint and put a new one on. You can ask for different darkness. I got a lighter one coz of the tinting rules in the ACT.

kowan

Clayton's Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.aussiewholesalers.com
Members Ride
91 Clayton's Commodore/Toyota Lexcen
I phoned Department of Transport QLD and they told me "You can not put window tint on more then 35% tint on any window". I did ask what about the back windows and back side windows on the wagon and they repeated the same thing "You can not put window tint on more then 35% tint on any window!"
I put the phone down and yelled LOTZ of nasty words.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
cheers - thanks for the help. I'll be getting mine changed soon cause it's bloody annoying...

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Its the glue, cheaper glues will do that with age, if you get it replaced and use a decent glue it wont do that again.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
The cars only 4 yrs old (2002 model) and the rest of the tinting is in mint condition. They must of used some crappy glue alright. Any good places you know where I should go and get if fixed???

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
my vx 01 is doing the same thing.
my advice is to go with a company with a good reputation. getting a tint for $20 less from somewhere less-known may seem like a good idea, especially when they offer a "lifetime guarrantee"... but you need to think - how long is this business going to be around to honour that guarranteee?

i reccommend someone like solartint etc.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
not certain about wagons, but in a ute, the back window is allowed to be as dark as you want... in NSW anyway.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
In vic, i beleive the exact law is front windows have to be 35% no darker? The rest any darkness. From what i know...i could be wrong

But anyway, tint can be removed and replaced quite easily if done by professional's, just call a window tinting place.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yah i got a blurry rear window on my 2002 VXII S-pack...
not really fussed about it..
Mainly because i plan on removing the rear spolier and i will need to replace the rear window then anyway.