Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX air conditioner compressor

asmith740

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx series 2
Hi Guys
Anyone know of this guy in brisbane that comes to your place and installs a new air con compressor for $550 ?
Has anyone one used him before, and do you have his number or a contact link.
Thanks in advance

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
i don't think those compressors are not genuine/Delphi so I'd look into their reliability and service life first.

Joelene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hi Guys
Anyone know of this guy in brisbane that comes to your place and installs a new air con compressor for $550 ?
Has anyone one used him before, and do you have his number or a contact link.
Thanks in advance

For anyone interested out there I replaced a VX Commodore compressor with a genuine GMH compressor for $495. Take off three bolts, the aircon pipes and the electrical connection and the compressor slides off towards the front of the car. Technically if there is gas still left this is supposed to be recovered first. Meh. If it's leaking it's leaking.

The orignal brand on VX is "Delphi" which comes from GM in Korea. A dealer will charge you about $650 but if you go to one of the authorised distributors you will get it a lot cheaper. Assume it is identical for VT through to VY.

I got mine at "Cooldrive" in Box Hill but they are in every state. You will also need the two seals that connect from the compressor to the aircon pipes. These are about $18 for two at Holden or about $60 for a bag of 100 at Cooldrive.....

If you want to know if the compressor is leaking gas simply put your hand underneath the compressor and feel for "Oil" If you find oil the compressor is leaking. The oil is put into the gas line for lubrication but it also assists in locating a gas leak.

Once compressor is changed find a place on the internet that regasses for around $99.

There is no such thing as regassing the airconditioning only. If it needs regassing it definitely has a leak somewhere so don't regas without fixing it first.

The Delphi compressors have a valve underneath that the seal fails. The seals on the pipes also fail. So work out where the leak is before buying a compressor.

The valve can be changed but last I checked it was $110 at Holden. So a new compressor is the go.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Also should add, that if the system is empty of gas the receiver dryer should be changed too. They are dirt cheap and will be useless very fast with the system de-gassed.