Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx berlina locking issues

Taggles54

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Hi all I've had my VX for over a year now and I'd only had this problem once or twice but lately it won't stop happening, my keyless entry occasionally cuts out, i will lock my car and it just dies, only way I can get back in is by unlocking it with the key and making the alarm go off then it goes back to normal and the key buttons work fine again, just curious if anyone has any idea what's wrong? I assume if it was a flat battery it wouldn't work at all! thanks

gigdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive wagon 1999
well you would be wrong you will find it is the battery for some strange reason the keys seem to get a bit of charge back in them you will need to go to a key cutting shop and get them to change the key head as the batteries are spot welded in and they sell them for around $80 to $100 dollars and they will set it all up for you recode and all p/s I know as this is exactly what mine was doing and like you I though it could not be the battery put I was wrong

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
earth it out, get a long bit of wire, earth it to exhaust and slide it up the door cavity and vola, unlocks the whole thing. "just gotta make sure you touch the right spot"

Taggles54

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
I got the key replaced and recoded and it seems to be working now, turns out my barrel was stuffed too, thanks everyone!

Eastsyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxii Ls1 Berlina Wagon
Hey all seems I have a similar issue, happening more frequently now.
I get out to the car in the mornings hit unlock on the key and the car makes a whole lot of relay clicking and clunking from under the bonnet but nothing happens, stick the key in the door, unlock and the relays go mad the the alarm starts going off and as soon as that happens I can hit unlock on the key and presto unlocks!
I would have thought if it was my key the car wouldnt respond at all?

Also a few times when i turn on the ign to acc all the lights on the dash go mad, turn on the headlights and it all changes turn on the indicators and some other lights come on.
Sometimes the backing lights for the dash flare with rpm??

taken it to a mech and to LSX in Syd and they are "guessing" PCM but the relay noise confuses me.

Any ideas??
oh its a VXii ls1 berlina wag auto
has a mail tune.