Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx commodore towbar loom

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
With the VR and VS, the factory trailer harness plugs straight into the drivers side tail light wiring harness plugs. It just hangs straight out of the boot when in use.. (the trailer harness cable has been made flat so that the cable and boot seal doesnt get damaged when the boot is closed down onto it). Theres a good chance that the VT and VX factory harnesses would be exactly the same setup as the VR and VS.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
As above, the cars factory wiring loom already has the trailer wiring sockets fitted in the loom behind the R.H. tail light. Just plug the new trailer loom straight into these sockets and it's all hooked up.
Locate the sockets in the main loom, and if there is nothing attatched, you will hafta get that $20 loom tezza gave the link to, or go to the wreckers, as I did.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
All done I bought a plug and wired it in myself as there was no loom in my at all it was an ex cop car so dunno if that made all the difference. Anyway wired it in and its all working great. Thanks for the help

Chrisrox

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais
There is a loom available, u just unplug taillight the loom has 3 plugs one for car end of wiring one for light end of wiring and mine had a small plug that wasn't plugged into anything but the loom plugged into it

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
this tread is nearly 12 mths old