Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Dash Cluster

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah, I can help you out with an aussie software card if you cant get hold of one. They're $140 for a new card, or $60 if you send me your own card to program. I reckon $500 isnt too bad for a complete tech 2 kit considering some code readers that will work on commodores cost around $200, and these code readers cant do half the stuff the tech 2 can do, and as mentioned above, holden charge $50 to $100 just to do a diagnostic scan. It wouldnt take too long for a kit to pay for itself at them prices..

Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
do they just read the codes or can they also reprogram the cluster ?

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
I might be wrong, but if it's a Tech 2 clone, and it had the Ozzie software card, then it should be able to do everything that a Tech 2 could. It'd probably be a worthwhile investment, when you consider all of the money that you'd save, just on not having too worry about diagnostic's bills anymore

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
With the aussie software card in a cloned tech 2, you can read and clear all ECU/PCM, BCM, SRS, ABS/ETC codes and display live engine/auto trans data, you can test and program clusters, you can access the factory audio systems for testing purposes etc, you can program new key fobs, you can set the BCM for one or two stage unlocking, you can even activate the ABS systems when bleeding the brakes so you get all trapped air out of the brake systems..
These are just some of the things it can do on VT through to VE V6 and V8 commodores as well as many other aussie holden vehicles..

Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Not a bad investment seeing that i want to replace a level 1 with a level 3 cluster on my VX and i was quoted $220 just to change the odo reading from 108k to 220k

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
I dont think the tech2 can change odometer readings. Thats programmed into the clusters eprom chip from memory - that almost sounds funny LOL

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Not a bad investment seeing that i want to replace a level 1 with a level 3 cluster on my VX and i was quoted $220 just to change the odo reading from 108k to 220k

Ouch - thats very steep - see if ASR can help on that one maybe??

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You can only reset the odometer reading with the tech 2 if the vehicle has done less than 100 km. I think to change the odo reading to whatever reading you want, they have to actually remove the chip from the dash that stores the dash info, and reprogram it using a chip reader/burner.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
You can only reset the odometer reading with the tech 2 if the vehicle has done less than 100 km. I think to change the odo reading to whatever reading you want, they have to actually remove the chip from the dash that stores the dash info, and reprogram it using a chip reader/burner.

you don't have to

i can do VX cluster that use the NEC MCU

IMG_1285.jpg
IMG_1284.jpg

TonyJZX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore M6
isn't there something about white and grey backed clusters that can be changed?