Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX - how to clean air intake and such

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Hmm, disconnected all the lines to it and the unplugged the injectors, still won't lift up and out, yes I did double check on the lines and there are none leading to the chamber, this is really starting to annoy me and I have tried yanking out out and still no luck, what did I miss?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
I never pulled it out to clean it mate. But there is a how too remove your plenum chamber how too somewhere in the forums if you want to actually take it off to clean it :)

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Oi Mr. Eggs, some advice please.

Ok you know V8's? I have one of that type of car and it's lots of fun.

I suspect it might be getting a lil dirty on the inside after I have thrashed it for 83,000km's. Well not thrashed but if you call me a grandma you'd be wrong. Sydney air is very polluted, you know.

So my question: My SS's L76 6 litre has a slightly different set up to your VX. Your pretty nifty how-to has inspired me to clean out my SS's nose whilst copycat-ing you to get instant celebrity status on the internet (again). The thing is as I have never attempted this before, and seeing I will give you some credit for the up and coming masterpiece of mine, do you have any suggestions???

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only the only suggestion: Don't be a cheap scape and buy the service manual. The answers you seek, are in there.

What I'm actually trying to say is: I have no ####ing idea!. However I assume the principle is very similar. Remove Engine cover, remove throttle cable, throttle body, then top of plenum. How hard can it be? Then yes, write up a very funny how to. However I must implore you, if you are a woman, do none of the above and take it to a mechanic :)

Reaction score
Members Ride

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
because im lazy anyone on the gold coast do these services ? or anyone wanna make 100 bucks hahahahahahahahahahahaah