Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Full Sound system advice

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys, im saving up for my VY-S i want to get when i get my P's and i want to buy my sound system now....

i have no clue about the tiny details of all this stuff but basically i want a 12" sub and amp that will be mounted in the cabin....

i want a sub that will shake the car when i want it to, but also just play a strong bass when i want it to....

i listen to music from R&B to club music, to dubstep..... but then down to screamo and acoustic (not so much worried about)

if its possible give me some suggestions on great sound systems for a ute....

the price limit is just for mid ranged stuff not those $2000 competition subs hahaha

this is the enclosure im looking at, what do you think?
($149) Ute Subwoofer Enclosure - ASC001A

all help would be great, cheers guys

*EDIT*the enclosure is 0.96cu/ft

Last edited:

Hotblack

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6
Hi if you can get down to Narre Warren Autobarn on sat 31st after about 6pm there is a round of MEASQ And Bass Battle, ther will be plenty of systems for you to look at and hear if you want and the guys are full of Good Advice i know it is a hike from Werribee but it would be worth it just to get an idea..

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate thanks heaps for replying and sorry for not seeing this, i didnt think this post actualy worked i couldnt find it hahaha thanks for the advice anyways

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Your options for putting a sub in the cabin of a ute become limited, which is why most people look at the slimline subs.

Narrow down what sort of head unit your going to want, do you want something like a dvd flip out screen, a more sound quality orientated unit with proccesing capabilites, or just a run of the mill unit with basic features? You could spend $200, you could spend your whole budget- It's going to dictate how much you have left for other components.

Are you installing yourself, or paying someone?

Just saying things i like bass and dance music dosen't really help you can listen to that through your standard system.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i understand that.. i want a dvd screen headunit.... im willing to spend anything tbh.... just need some help with some good parts to help my ute thump...

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Well why don't you start by looking at head units, and narrow down what you like, again you can get a cheap one, or you can spend the whole budget.

Maybe you should narrow down your budget
>head unit
>speakers (you didn't mention speakers, only a sub,
>amp/s
>installation / enclosure,
>wiring, deadning, ect

Either way i can see that you've just signed up and haven't read any of the stickies like building a system, or research other than that. Your best bet is probably going into a car audio store telling them how much you want to spend, and making your decision based on what they have on offer to show you.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah ide love to but i dont know what any price is capable of giving me.... ive herd the EONON headunits are not too bad and there only like $300.... i just need some oppinions on how the mid range sound stuff goes.... sorry its not all clear but im really new to this stuff and have only looked into subs.... im happy to spend whatever i can to make it good

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate just read a sticky, probably the $1000 system mark would be good for me or maybe a tad lower :)

im new to the forums sorry about all this

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
All right, so go into a store and tell them your budget, and have a listen. You can read everyone's opinion but at the end of the day my taste might differ a lot to yours. Get an idea of what $1000 worth of components is going to sound like, listen to some different setups, changing the budget between speakers, subs, head units ect.

I mean we can help out with things like matching components, what works, what doesn't, and more technical advice, but we can't tell you what to buy. You also mention in another thread about future upgrades, so take into consideration what can be built upon, and what would have to be turfed and replaced.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
alrighty man thanks heaps, the main thing i wanted to get from this was just some good slimlines to listen to and start with... but i will deffs go into a store soon and have a listen to some systems