Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ls1 high idle!! please help.

Webby6829

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE V6 commodore & 2002 VY SS Commodore Ute
Hey similar issue, need help... 2002 VY SS commodore ute, when i first start the car it revs up high and slowly comes back down after 30secs then it idles down and when i put it in reverse it does the same thing. I have replaced the idle control valve and throttle positioner as well. I think they need to be programmed, have tried a couple suggestions (the turn on, turn off remove fuse etc etc etc) nothings worked.

koda213

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive
Hey similar issue, need help... 2002 VY SS commodore ute, when i first start the car it revs up high and slowly comes back down after 30secs then it idles down and when i put it in reverse it does the same thing. I have replaced the idle control valve and throttle positioner as well. I think they need to be programmed, have tried a couple suggestions (the turn on, turn off remove fuse etc etc etc) nothings worked.
Did you find a solution to your issue mate I have same issue on cold start revs up to 3000rpm for 20 seconds and drops when I drive the car it idles up when I'm shifting gears and engaging the clutch have replaced the tps and iac