Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alloytec hard to start after a HOT HOT day

im_piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Hey all....well after a couple of 40 degree plus days here in Sydney, Ive returned to my car from work, after it being parked all day in the sun, only to find it an absolute bastard to start. Itll turn over and over, and its only when i stick my foot flat to the floor will it start. The first time it happened, the starter kept turning over, even when Id returned my key back to the ACC position..and only quitting when i completely returned the key to the OFF position...WTF?? Ive got a VZ Adventra, 190kw auto, if that helps any....BTW, i had the dreaded overheating issue just last week, and after reading the forum on the " Air Block Bleed" fix for that, and so far no more issues..so, Im hoping i can get an answer for this as well.
Cheers,
Hoppo

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
No too certain of what is happening in your case.

I think starting the alloytec with the WOT, foot flat on the floor, is a starting mode for a flooded motor.
The flooded engine cranking sequence could be what is happening during your starting difficulties.
Have you a fuel injector which is leaking down when the motor is turned off, and when starting, a cylinder is flooded?

Could your motor have overheated to cause such damage?
Can you get to a Tech2 at all?
Best of luck with finding the problem.

im_piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
Ive had the car 4 weeks and the only problem i had was the overheating issue, which happened after day 4 of ownership...but i seemed to have cured that...funny thing was, when i test drove the car, it idled like a pig..so, after checking for the obvious head gasket issues, I came to a conclusion that a dodgy plug/lead maybe the issue....anyway,it wasnt until i popped off the plastics over the rocker covers/radiator etc to change the rad hoses, rad cap/coolant etc, ( i was gonna give the plastics a good clean anyhow ), i notice a vacuum hose unplugged on the drivers side under the plastic shroud..so once Id finished and replace all of the above, I cranked her over and she purred like a kitten..lol...and has run cool ever since....it was a laugh seeing i knocked the bloke down a further $500 in price for the "misfire".....but just these last 2 days, the whole day in the sun caused this issue..but why the run on with the starter AFTER the ignition is returned back to acc ( and the car hasnt started either )...we are in for some cooler weather this next couple of days, Ill see what transpires..cheers

Nik_Lee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hey all....well after a couple of 40 degree plus days here in Sydney, Ive returned to my car from work, after it being parked all day in the sun, only to find it an absolute bastard to start. Itll turn over and over, and its only when i stick my foot flat to the floor will it start. The first time it happened, the starter kept turning over, even when Id returned my key back to the ACC position..and only quitting when i completely returned the key to the OFF position...WTF?? Ive got a VZ Adventra, 190kw auto, if that helps any....BTW, i had the dreaded overheating issue just last week, and after reading the forum on the " Air Block Bleed" fix for that, and so far no more issues..so, Im hoping i can get an answer for this as well.
Cheers,
Hoppo

Hi,
I was just wondering if you found the cause of this issue as this same problem is happening to my farther inlaws VZ executive now, so I would be very interested to hear what you found?

Cheers