Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais [Black Edition]

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yeah dark tint is sweet, either way you go those 2 mods arent too pricey, dropping it will cost 400-500 and tint 300-500'ish? all depends on who you know I guess just shop on round till you hear what you wanna hear from em

Clucky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais MY06 3.6L
Hey guys,
Thought I would join the club, and picked up a VZ Calais about a month ago. Full black in and out, leather, carpet, roof lining, everything.
Thanks to the inspiration of this thread (StealthCalais, Fishman88, ect.) it has given me some great ideas for future changes/ mods . In the process of changing ova all the lights to LED/ HID, and getting some accessories for it (mats, scuff plates, ect).

I've got a couple questions I was hoping you guys may be able to answer:

1. I've got some daytime lights (DRL) and was just wondering which wire from the fuse box I should connect them to (theyre already in place, just need to be connected)
2. Also was just wondering thoughts on what wheels to get. I really do prefer genuine GMH ones (I want a factory look, and a mate has had issues with replicas in the past which has put me off) and if any of you know if you can get holden centre caps, or modify them so they're compatible with genuine HSV rims.

Any ways, Cheers ;)

Attachments

• DSC00527..jpg
    DSC00527..jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 632

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
lol you should probly make your own thread instead of highjacking stealthcalais thread as this ones for his car, if you have questions or problems put a thread in the VY-VZ discussion thread section

Clucky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais MY06 3.6L
srry ;( didnt mean to jack thread, was just hoping that it may yeild quicker answers to my questions, rather than creating an entirly new thread.

liamvys

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vy 2 s ute
go 10% tint mate asap..!! its not to expensive..it will cost a bit more if you have tint already on there.. i would say go 5% but i can barley see out at night with 10%

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Yeah have been thinking about lowering it, but I really dont wont to loose the ride quality. What if I got better shocks, would that help when lowering? Because the cloud like comfort is a must for this car :yeah: ... as much as a lower stance would look awesome!

I have a VZ Calais, and just finished lowering it. Went Kings Ultra Low all round and Monroe GT lowered shocks. Ride comfort is roughly the same, a bit firmer as expected (but as i've discovered, firmness and ride quality has to do with the springs you use, if you get HD (extra heavy duty) the ride is very firm, and bumps are a lot rougher, however if you just go with standard springs, its about the same as the original factory suspension). I didnt like the stock suspension, very floaty and rolled heaps but wasnt that soft on the bumps anyway.

The monroe shocks are awesome, roll is almost completely gone. Think of it this way, shocks are for handling, springs for comfort.

When my car was stock height, i was like "yeah it doesnt look bad, it doesnt need to come down"... now that its lowered, i look at pictures of what it used to like and i laugh! 4wd territory...

Go the shock/spring combo, best mod ive done on the car.

S

StealthCalais

go 10% tint mate asap..!! its not to expensive..it will cost a bit more if you have tint already on there.. i would say go 5% but i can barley see out at night with 10%

Yeah 10% seems to be the way to go! Hopefully I'll get it done one day

very nice car mate! tasteful mods, just wondering did phreddy do just the stereo? or did you get some lighting work done?

Yeah only got the Aux connection done this time round, sounds awesome!! Nice red led too to indicate its on, antenna goes down automatically too. Just plug in the cable when you want to use it, and stash it in the little box when youre not.

Ok here are some quick photos of the the new LED's and AUX connection.

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg