Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais [Black Edition]

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
Nice car mate. 6000k HIDs look much better than stock :p

Could you post a picture of a cut-off line? It's when you're parked directly oposite the wall with your headlights on, i just want to see what the cut off line looks like with calais projectors. Cheers man :)

S

StealthCalais

Nice car mate. 6000k HIDs look much better than stock :p

Could you post a picture of a cut-off line? It's when you're parked directly oposite the wall with your headlights on, i just want to see what the cut off line looks like with calais projectors. Cheers man :)

Here you go! Its off my phone so excuse the quality.

18082009146.jpg

S

StealthCalais

Those black Cheetas would looks insane!!! get it in the staggereed size n put 275's rear tyres n ur laughin!!

Haha yeah I reckon they might be the ones, just gotta save my dollars and make sure I've seen as many as possible I think!

Whats the go with the staggered fitments? Cause I hear these stories about camber issues and scrubbing etc. Would you think that would be an issue? Or is only on the 20's? Would I need to lower it?

Oh and also, Pedals have been sold!

Cheers everyone!

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
Haha yeah I reckon they might be the ones, just gotta save my dollars and make sure I've seen as many as possible I think!

Whats the go with the staggered fitments? Cause I hear these stories about camber issues and scrubbing etc. Would you think that would be an issue? Or is only on the 20's? Would I need to lower it?

Oh and also, Pedals have been sold!

Cheers everyone!

Yes u will get camber wear but i dun mind i like seein fat rear tyres looks so mean wit scrubbing it just might scrub but nothing major wit mine but mine are 19" so not sure bout 20's i got my gaurds rolld n no issues now n plus i cant rotate tyres obviously but looks really beasty . With lowering its really upto u but chuk some Kings SL and would be just right.

S

StealthCalais

Ah ok fair enough, i know what you mean about having the big rear tyres - it certainly makes the car look like a beast. I'm sure it makes it grip a bit better at the back too. So do you have SL's on yours?

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
wow your car is a beast, exactly what id be searching for in a calais :). Just wondering whats the price range on a second hand one of these with the full leather interior and low k's ? thanks

S

StealthCalais

wow your car is a beast, exactly what id be searching for in a calais :). Just wondering whats the price range on a second hand one of these with the full leather interior and low k's ? thanks

Cheers mate! Yeah I'm loving it, it is a great car!

Hmm well from my research I found they went from anywhere between say 18-30k, leather comes as standard so chances are youll find most have it. I think the velour was an option but very rare to see. Again, the amount of Kms vary from the 50s to 150s, as youd expect price goes up for lower kms and a more recent year like an 06 and a V8 compared to V6.

I paid just below 20 for mine. Some others on here have managed to get a bargain on theirs also so have a read around! Might give you an idea.

Also something to factor in...

If your after a Black one (as it is an awesome colour :p) chances are your going to pay a premium as they are highly sought after and there just isnt as many black ones on the market. If you go for silver or white you'll find the price comes down a bit.

Factor in any options too (like a sunroof, dont think theres many more options) and etc as this will attract a higher price.

Hope this helps, but if theres one bit of advice you should take away... be sure to shop around and research everything! It'll take a bit longer but its well worth it in the end!.

Last edited by a moderator: