Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz drag radials

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
I have 2 around the corner from me lol

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
just go into a performance shop most will have some lying around if they stock them drag radials in 235 should be plenty if your just taking the daily out for a drag

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
its up to you mate. 255s will cost more than 235s but both will do the job. If its only once in a while you go drags have a look for some second hand ones.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
ok so being stubborn i got 255 50 16 hoosiers 307 to buy 50 to my door i get them fitted today it will be close but ill tell you how i go, if they fit im going racing today.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
Well the 255 50 16 hoosiers fit without rolling the Gards there is not much in it and it is real close like pubic hair close. I went to the drags and ran all night an no rubbing at all. The only thing is and I don't know if it makes any difference but my car is standard Ss hight.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
sorry to hijack your thread, just seems a few have a bit of experience with this, but would 255s fit on a vz ute with 19" rims, road tyres this is, not drags. Cheers

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Try some highway max 225/60/15s, grippy as hell and cheap as dirt. Pretty sure it was greenfoam saying he uses them for drags and so does lots of other people he knows.

I got some from thewheeldeal for $65 each or $60 each for 4, postage was like $30 for 2 or $40 for 4 from Melb to Adelaide, something like that.

I never used them for drags but I know my car used to spin all the time by accident cos it would spin too easy when taking off, now it wont even spin when you try using these.

BradSV8

Nitrous Junkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Should do I have fit 265's on the back of mine, had the guards rolled tho.