Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SIDI engine swap.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
All legal things aside, I just need to know if the SIDI 3.6L will be the same mounting and plumbing as the 175. Very keen to do this and I'm sure by the time I'm off my P's, a second hand SIDI will be readily available.

MACE

Reaction score
I dare say it would mount up quite well, not 100% sure. The biggest issue you'll have will be swapping computers over. To make life much easier though and open up the potential for much more mods I would go an aftermarket computer. I've though about this conversion for my VN :D

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I've done the SIDI conversion on a VT Calais and it was a complete nightmare. You'll have to use the VE box as well as the engine. As mace said your problems are going to start when it comes time for computer. Or I should say getting the VE ecu to communicate with your bcm. If this is what you want to do, go ahead and do it. There is so much potential for the 3.6 Alloytec, mine is currently making over 220kw at the rears and it's no where near hitting it's full potential. I'm looking at some new cams from the states which should take me over the 250 mark. Have a look at the performance manifolds web site and watch the video of their 426HP VZ Ute.

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
I have a 3.6 sidi and there is not that much modification potential at the moment ... They can't be blown or turboed and the amount of aftermarket parts for them are very limited at tue moment

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
I've done the SIDI conversion on a VT Calais and it was a complete nightmare. You'll have to use the VE box as well as the engine. As mace said your problems are going to start when it comes time for computer. Or I should say getting the VE ecu to communicate with your bcm. If this is what you want to do, go ahead and do it. There is so much potential for the 3.6 Alloytec, mine is currently making over 220kw at the rears and it's no where near hitting it's full potential. I'm looking at some new cams from the states which should take me over the 250 mark. Have a look at the performance manifolds web site and watch the video of their 426HP VZ Ute.

What have you currently done to your SIDI??