Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS passenger seat sits higher than driver's?

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
What's the deal with that? Is it just my passenger seat (motor) or is that normal and how it's supposed to be?

When you recline the passenger seat using the tilt up/down switch for the part of the seat that your butt rests on (don't know what it's called), the driver's side will go further down than the passenger's side, thus giving you more head room. The passenger's side stops short, leaving you sitting awkwardly higher than the rest of the passengers.

I was looking down while tilting the seats to see if there was anything jamming things but everything seemed to be ok. The hinges(?) are different though.

Any info on this?

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
I was interested in getting an electric passenger seat equivalent to my SV6 driver's seat.

Looking around, the Calais [and coupe?] passenger seat was the only motorised chair similar to the SV6 driver's seat I could locate. (It had more features than the SV6 chair)
Has your passenger seat base/frame been changed from original? Could explain the lack of travel, limiting stops, any unfinished electrical connections? etc.

Last edited:

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
I was interested in getting an electric passenger seat equivalent to my SV6 driver's seat.

Looking around, the Calais [and coupe?] passenger seat was the only motorised chair similar to the SV6 driver's seat I could locate. (It had more features than the SV6 chair)
Has your passenger seat base/frame been changed from original? Could explain the lack of travel, limiting stops, any unfinished electrical connections? etc.

Nope, pretty sure it's factory- never changed.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I don't think the passenger seat in my vz ss has a motor, so the drivers seat is height adjustable but not the passenger.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
yeah sounds like someone retrofitted a higher level seat in.

I didn't think SS would have electric passenger seats.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I know our VY Calais passenger seat is bloody uncomfortable as hell compared to the drivers seat. The way you sit when the seat is lowered all the way feels like the seat base is about half the length of the drivers and the backrest feels like someones got their foot in your back.