Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 '04 - Transmission Problems

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
seriously sounds like that mechanic has given you the run around, hope you get it sorted

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Well, auto electrician got back to me this afternoon stating he can't do anything as the Security System has locked everything out, hence why getting these random problems coming up.

Advised i need to get it to Holden to look at as they are the only ones who have access to the Security System.

Now i need to see if NRMA will towe my car from the Auto Electrician to Holden without charging me so might take Trent L suggestion, and contact Pacific Holden and speak with them i guess.

I am closer to Kelly Holden at Cardiff, so not sure what i should do, i just don't want to get ripped off.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Take Trent's other advice too. This guy has taken you to the cleaners and you need to speak to Fair Trading. His "repairs" have achieved nothing and have cost you heaps. I would think he owes you a substantial refund as he has not repaired the original problem and appears to have left you with additional new ones.

Name and shame might be in order too.

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
Hey Morphix ... take it where you choose. I think you're only option now is a dealer.

I only suggested Pacific Holden because of my personal dealings with Scotty. He was always down to earth with me & never blew smoke up my arse.

I'll actually be retiring up to Toronto overlooking Lake Macquarie (not soon enough) and that's where I'll be taking my Calais to get the book stamped. It'll also be going up there if anything drastic happens in the mean time.

Good luck with it.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I prefer to take peoples advice who have found a trustworthy and fair dinkum mechanic/dealer instead of playing my own guessing game and taking a chance.

I'll be calling them up this morning to find out if i can get my car towed there.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Paid for a towe truck as it wasn't covered by NRMA, i wasn't with the car (at work), but got a call from Scott saying when the tow truck took the car off the truck, it ripped up the bumper so they are going to check it for me and re-attach it.

He also updated me about the car, he said, computer is stuffed, going to cost $1050 for new computer, should have the car back today or tomorrow, depends on the warehouse having the computer available.

Scott also said once the computer has been put in, they will run a full diagnostics to make sure there is nothing else wrong with the car.

Seems like a nice bloke and great service too, car was only in the shop for about 30 minutes and i already have an update.

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
Seems like a nice bloke and great service too ...

That's why I trust him. Yep it's a Holden dealer. Yep it'll cost a bit more going genuine ... but if you can't find a local good mechanic to do your work at least you know the repairs & genuine parts will have a warranty.

Good luck & let us know how it all ends up.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Called them back at 4PM and Scott said its all sorted and ready to be picked up.

Had my girlfriend pickup the car at 5PM seems great and no issues at all.

They put the bumper back on but it has some scratches on the front of the bumper.

Will check it in the morning to see to what extent its damaged and if its bad enough i'll call up the tow company.

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
Now it's Fair Trading time to get your money back from the 1st wanker.