Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 '04 - Transmission Problems

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
pretty sure its in the realm of 80-100 just to diagnose it (i.e. hook it up and scan) could be more if it takes them a while, holden might be your best bet :(
I rang them the other day. $200 was their quote as they say they spend 2hrs going through everything.

Mickalop

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VX Spac series 2
Well yet another update in my problems.

Got the car back after he did the radiator, the transmission appears fine now.

Last night once i got back from work, did some paperwork and then went to go back out shopping, the car wouldn't start.

When placing the keys in the ignition and turning it, it would not even attempt to turn over, it just comes up on the dash, Fuel Guage Error - Contact Dealer, then Very Low Fuel warning then Service Vehicle Soon.

After trying over and over to get it started, i ended up pulling the battery terminals off and back on and then the car would start.

The first time it started after doing this, the engine started normal, then reved down heaps as if it was going to stall, then it went normal, but the dash instantly give a Check Powertrain warning, no more Fuel Guage Error or Service Vehicle Soon message.

I decided to turn it off and try again, this time it started all fine but the Check Powertrain warning still came up.

Took it for a little drive after this to see if it was going ok, all appeared ok (from what i can tell).

Drove the car back home and this morning the Check Powertrain doesn't come up anymore.

...This car is getting weirder as it goes.

I've gone to another mechanics who has a computer to run diagnostics on it, but they are booked out till Next Week.

The original mechanic is coming over to check the car after 2PM today.

Could this at all be related to the O2 Sensors or?

After forking out a loan to get my car fixed, i don't want to wasting money where it shouldn't be getting wasted.

I NEED this car for my 2nd job, and so far its been 2 months without it and is starting to really P*** me off.
Is your an auto or manual. Mine is an auto first he said it was the airflow sensor which he replaced the codes were clear but said keep an eye on it as it could possibly be the TCM we took it for a drive and seen it wasn't engaging drive properly it was jumping between Park, Nuetral and drive did the same when we he selected 3rd so could likely be the TCM

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
morphix has not been on this forum for 3 years