Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Sv6 or Calais ?

Which car would you choose

• Total voters

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
I'd love to get a v8 , but still have to wait 2 years till im off my p's lol . And im over the ecotec too lol , so wanting to move up hmmmmm, im not really to sure lol

I have a alloytec vz 175kw and wish I had bought a v8,better off sticking out your ps in what ya have and just get a v8

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Description Pro Street Intercooled
Eng Kw 270 - 345
Wheel KW 205 - 235
Psi boost 9psi
% Power gain 55
Price POA

theres a guy on here, impulsesv6, send him a pm and ask him what his thoughts were on the raptor kit, he sold his kit now...

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
If its performance i say SV6 but the calais is such a classy car!! get the better headlights/tailights n chrome trims. Interior is heaps nicer too!! I wuld think the SV6 is slightly faster as its abit lighter?? correct me if im wrong. But wuldnt spend too much on it. Better to get a fast car in the first place like v8 or Xr6 Turbo, which is my next move.. but ye just got that p plate restriction..

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
id defo go the calais. its the sv6 with luxury. minus the spoiler and fe2. my mate has the vz sv6 manual and ive got the vz calais auto. both silver. both on superlows. they both handle the same and even tho the sv6 is 50kg lighter the 5 speed auto in the calais is slightly quicker in a straight line only due to the perfect gear changes by the computet. ya cannot beat it. take a calais for a drive ull be very dissapointed with the sv6 then.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
You get far more power out of an Ecotec if I'm correct. Alloytec mods are still in they're infancy and still nothing amazing has surfaced.

Trent, mate of mine has a VZ SV6 - fully optioned. Very nice car, stiff and rugged to drive and is fairly quick, but as said before the Alloytec's still have a long way to go before real power can be drawn out of them. I'd chuck TT or a raptor/L67 in the VS if you want power. If you want a new car and the better out of the two, I'd get the SV6.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
You get far more power out of an Ecotec if I'm correct. Alloytec mods are still in they're infancy and still nothing amazing has surfaced.

Trent, mate of mine has a VZ SV6 - fully optioned. Very nice car, stiff and rugged to drive and is fairly quick, but as said before the Alloytec's still have a long way to go before real power can be drawn out of them. I'd chuck TT or a raptor/L67 in the VS if you want power. If you want a new car and the better out of the two, I'd get the SV6.

N/A Alloytec vs N/A Ecotec, i think the ecotec would have to have some mods to beat it...

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
but modded ecotec vs modded alloytec, i think we both know who wins that impulsive...

DAZ88P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
Out of the two I'd go calais as I personally think they look real nice. But if you are really after power in the future just save your coin muck around with some mods on your VS and buy an 8 when you get off your P's.

Caddy87

Reaction score
Members Ride
My vote is with the Calais for sure. Just an all around nicer car IMO. Comfier and more equiped interior, more features and toys, nicer bodykit and styling (head/tail lights and front bar make a massive difference), smooth auto. Just all around a nicer car to be in than the SV6 I think. When I was buying about a year ago I looked at both and ended up going with the Calais. The SV6 just seemed a bit like the cheap option.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hmm ive decided against this , just going to keep the vs until im off the P's . Decided to save up for ether a Vy ss, Vz ss or Ve ss lol , much better