Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 water pump

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I done the job this morning very straight forward I ended up having to lift the plenium because I just couldn't get the inlet tube out I tried for a hour and it wasn't happening so I just loosened the bolts a bit a removed it that way the pump was fine but I had my radiator replaced the other day and I believe they loosened the bolts when I picked it up they told me it needs to be replaced immediately and seemed pushy to leave it there anyway it was leaking from the inlet tube and that's all good now thanks for the advise guys

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
The colour of the coolant is not important. It whether or not it meets gm spec or it is a OAT additive. Organic Acid Technology ( or thereabouts)

Leo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
If you read my post before you will see that I did mention that it should meet gm specs.
Is that green coolant you have in there? you should never run green coolant on the alloytec only the red stuff that meets gm specs e.g nulon long life red coolant.

The colour of the coolant is not important. It whether or not it meets gm spec or it is a OAT additive. Organic Acid Technology ( or thereabouts)

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
Yes it has the green one in it as that what was in it when I bought the car, I went thru all the discussions boards and asked my mate at the radiator shop where we done the repair, we flushed it, ran it for a few minutes, drained and flushed and repeated again, so there were no traces of any old coolant and if need be next year will do the same and maybe try the red stuff.

Leo94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
What do you mean maybe try the red stuff? as apposed to what?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
My water pump is being replaced now too , only a small leak but best to replace lest it become a more serious issue , hate to end up on the hard shoulder in a cloud of steam .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2