Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Sedan Wheel Castor Adjustment

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A lot more to it than just caster, camber and toe too. Included Angle and Steering Axis Inclination play a big part in how the car drives as well.

The problem with a lot of aligners is that they do them by the book. The specs in the books are just static measurements, the actual settings applied to the car can be quite different due to worn components, driving style etc.

Toe in adjustment is to compensate for the wheel angle due to dynamic forces while driving incurred by camber and caster. Adjusting the toe more on one wheel than the other doesn't do anything other than change the position of the steering wheel. The steering rack (box in some cars) will centralize anyway so having more toe on one wheel won't affect the pulling left or right.

On this particular car, camber is adjustable from factory so if that is OK, then the problem is in the tyres themselves or something is bent.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah, I know about turning the strut top, still only very limited adjustment really.

This is true, but there is still enough to get the car driving straight and prevent tyre wear, providing everything else is in ship shop shape.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
A lot more to it than just caster, camber and toe too. Included Angle and Steering Axis Inclination play a big part in how the car drives as well.

The problem with a lot of aligners is that they do them by the book. The specs in the books are just static measurements, the actual settings applied to the car can be quite different due to worn components, driving style etc.

Aligning a car with worn components, is straight out, ripping a customer off...

Yes, true driving style has a part to play...this is where I like to see the tyres, before I start the adjustments....It helps set the car up, to maximise tyre life.

As for book specs....I ignore them......