Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Waiting At Lights

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
who said there were cars all around him? I'm rarely in that situations, theres always a turning lane either side....

But seriously, how else are you going to get hit at a set of lights, aside from the back, or being side-swiped? You won't get T-Boned at a set of lights

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
When you are sitting at the lights, why do you leave a decent gap from the car in front? Its so you can get the **** out of the way when you look in the rear vision mirror and see a truckie bearing down on you waving his arms like a lunatic. It wont matter whose fault it is when you get pushed into the intersection and t-boned by a bus. Like you said, you don't have kids, so theres noone to get the insurance payout by you getting killed.

I always leave the engine running for safety's sake

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I dont stop on the middle of the road, or on the side of a street, only at traffic lights.
And if someone hit me at the lights, regardless if my car is on or not, its their fault.

Incorrect. If your engine is off, technically you're a hazard on the road incase of emergency - hence hazard lights.

Dont most new cars have hydraulic clutches, thus pointless using neutral :p

I believe holding the clutch in with hydraulic clutches has the potential to boil the fluid and cause harm to the system. When I had my 6 Speed in the VU, I always rested in neutral at lights.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
But seriously, how else are you going to get hit at a set of lights, aside from the back, or being side-swiped? You won't get T-Boned at a set of lights

Thats the point exactly. And if you see a car coming at you at 100k's in the mirror you could move into said vacant lane, and not get hit ;)