Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Waking through the night / Sweats

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sleeping pills can be a cause.

Stress is another as is diet/weight and health.

I suffered through a lot of this for years. Improving my lifestyle, health and diet has improved how I sleep. Not giving a #### about work and the stresses management try to put on you works real good to.

Another one I discovered recently is hydration. I think I have been dehydrated for the last 2 decades, now I drink a large glass of water before bed and as soon as I wake up as well as drinking plenty of water during the day instead of fizzies and all the other crap.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
As above.

Stress and alcohol don't work well together if you want to stay asleep.

I'm gonna say it's mostly stress, been through this plenty of times before, worst thing you can do in this situation is stress about not getting enough sleep, it's a cruel circle.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Im really shocked with the responses..

Firstly, thanks for everyone taking this seriously, sharing experiences etc. I really appreciate that - rather than the shitty "hey, just go to your doctor" - which, yes, I will be.

Ari - I would consider myself a borderline alcoholic. I'm not dependant on it, but I really appreciate going home and having 1-3 beers a night. While I'm out DJing, I'll have a couple - not getting smashed everynight, but yes, a few drinks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I can definitely relate to medication that's supposedly for helping you sleep causing sleep problems! I was prescribed medication to help me sleep once - WORST NIGHTMARES EVER!

I would say this thought (which you seem to already know). Lay off the smokes and alcohol. A healthy body absolutely helps a healthy mind.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
To OP,
did you take some bad pingas? lol. no seriously, does your stomach feel cramped?

are you regular?

do you have a temp?

did mrs santa's sister give you a uti ie. does it burn when you piss?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Ha.

When it comes to illicit drugs, I don't/won't touch them, despite being a DJ, im totally against them. Hell, I dislike taking the prescribed medication im on, furthermore I resist taking headache tablets until a headache becomes unbearable.

No other symptoms apart from:

Nightmares, sweats from back of head/neck, constant waking up during the night.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
change ya pillow?? ..... just had thought , malaria , ross river virus, barmah virus , did you get bitten by a heap of mozzies over summer?

calobes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
change ya pillow?? ..... just had thought , malaria , ross river virus, barmah virus , did you get bitten by a heap of mozzies over summer?

Yep, I went through all this when I contracted Ross river. It sucks at first but I goes away, when I get a cold it tends to be worse than before I had Ross river with sore joints etc.

Not saying you have Ross river, but it sounds similar to when I got it.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Well..

A few revelations from the weekend. Doing my usual thing, watching cricket, had a few beers. Went to bed, same thing a few times awake, some nightmares, sweats.

In particular, I woke up from a nightmare, once I woke up, I noticed I was trying to shovel down sleeping tablets. Came to my senses and didn't go back to sleep. Went to GP, I've been told to increase depression/anxiety medication, and referred me to AA or Alcoholic Rehab. Neither of the latter I really want to do, so, im planning to go sober for a week or two, and see how that goes with sleep routine.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
are you on stilnox ?