Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Power Upgrade V AFM

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
or one leg...
or one arm and one leg...
or one arm and one leg and drives in city...
or one arm and one leg and does drags.........

Or one arm and one leg driving through the city on the way to the drags.

On a serious note some people just can't grasp the concept of a clutch and they choose the auto so they don't end up replacing clutches.

I love my manual but there are times when I wish it would change itself (generally in harsh traffic when I'm on and off the clutch moving at couple of car lengths at a time).

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Or one arm and one leg driving through the city on the way to the drags.

On a serious note some people just can't grasp the concept of a clutch and they choose the auto so they don't end up replacing clutches.

I love my manual but there are times when I wish it would change itself (generally in harsh traffic when I'm on and off the clutch moving at couple of car lengths at a time).

I understand your point but that's why you move to Melbourne lol bugger all traffic lol but that's why I love the country! No traffic :) the ford auto is far superior I'll give you that. But yea if I lived in Thor city I'd buy one of those little prius hatches they look cool lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
Mines an auto and it is as much fun as a manual I actually prefer it over manual

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Mines an auto and it is as much fun as a manual I actually prefer it over manual

assume you mean the manual change makes it as much fun as a manual box.....true.......from inside the car.......but outside I have never heard an auto that, when accelerating (so converter is working), I really liked the exhaust sound of compared to a manual car.
And to me a high stall just makes it worse to listen to.....all I can think of is "slipping clutch" when I hear a flare and then cannot concentrate on the V8 sound (which is the real part I love of a V8)

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
assume you mean the manual change makes it as much fun as a manual box.....true.......from inside the car.......but outside I have never heard an auto that, when accelerating (so converter is working), I really liked the exhaust sound of compared to a manual car.
And to me a high stall just makes it worse to listen to.....all I can think of is "slipping clutch" when I hear a flare and then cannot concentrate on the V8 sound (which is the real part I love of a V8)

Couldn't agree more! They sound like a slipping clutch AND the boxes aren't that strong there crap compared to the ford auto.. AND you loose 10% more power through the drIveline over a stick when tuning. I've noticed particularly in my area in the last 12 months nearly every V8 ve I've seen has a "E85 flex fuel" badge on the boot which means its manual I reckon out of every v8 I've seen 1 in 10 have the AFM badge on the boot. Honestly well out .my way anyway. My holden dealer told me that the ass has fallen out of the SV6 market because at 210 kw they may as well get a V8 and if they don't feel they need the power they buy a cruze as there cheaper and better on fuel so yea it's interesting how the markers changing out my way.

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Couldn't agree more! They sound like a slipping clutch AND the boxes aren't that strong there crap compared to the ford auto.. AND you loose 10% more power through the drIveline over a stick when tuning. I've noticed particularly in my area in the last 12 months nearly every V8 ve I've seen has a "E85 flex fuel" badge on the boot which means its manual I reckon out of every v8 I've seen 1 in 10 have the AFM badge on the boot. Honestly well out .my way anyway. My holden dealer told me that the ass has fallen out of the SV6 market because at 210 kw they may as well get a V8 and if they don't feel they need the power they buy a cruze as there cheaper and better on fuel so yea it's interesting how the markers changing out my way.

So...u r saying that only manuals have E85..........???

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
So...u r saying that only manuals have E85..........???

Yes. However the my12 might be different but autos have different badge to the manual thats my point

PSI_KING

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS E
That's why you buy a manual! Auto v8 serve no purpose IMO

When my auto severely blows the doors off your manual shitter and embarasses you, then theres the purpose served right there.
Afterall, you buy a V8 to go fast, not for some epic downshift whilst coming to a red light so you sound like Victor Bray.

Regards,

PSI KING

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
When my auto severely blows the doors off your manual shitter and embarasses you, then theres the purpose served right there.
Afterall, you buy a V8 to go fast, not for some epic downshift whilst coming to a red light so you sound like Victor Bray.

Regards,

PSI KING
Hahahaha so true

etrocket

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
If the Ve had a better auto I would keep my ute forever. I have 3500 stall and 3.7, goes like a raped monkey