Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Power Upgrade V AFM

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
When my auto severely blows the doors off your manual shitter and embarasses you, then theres the purpose served right there.
Afterall, you buy a V8 to go fast, not for some epic downshift whilst coming to a red light so you sound like Victor Bray.

Regards,

PSI KING

Wow that is one black cat you have got there.

Victor only upshifts which I suppose is removing a gear so it is kinda like going down a gear. Cause I suppose if you start with 3 then take away 1 to leave 2, and then takeaway 1 from your 2 to leave only 1 - which it is - you kinda have gone down gears . Also the CS1 are planetary so Victor has a bit of foot in both camps for this reason as well ( bit like a manual shift auto has a foot in both camps too).

But the real story is that when my 90 year old granny could no longer handle the twin plate she wanted to hand her licence in.....no granny I said to her, please do not do that, we can find a solution for you so you can keep driving .......so we bought her an automatic.

My old granny might drive an automatic but she still drinks full strength beer and refuses to wear tracky dacks in public so she has not completely given up on life.

Edit: I love the auto versus manual thing as it always ends up in the truth that the really fast cars do not even have a gearbox. And fast cars do 0-100 kph in half a second. Kind of makes all of us look slow.

Last edited:

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Ford to Holden - your nuts. Ve auto us that bad compared to the zf, that alone should put you off.

Loved the ZF.....however got a manual SSV and never tried a Ford 6 speed manual:beer chug:

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
or one leg...
or one arm and one leg...
or one arm and one leg and drives in city...
or one arm and one leg and does drags.........

Bloke would have trouble kicking ar*e:bang:

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Mine did have this E85 badge on it yesterday but now it hasnt......E fuel is bad so the badge is gone.

Might Chev up yet...the grill look heaps better than a chrome dinner plate:coolpimp:

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Loved the ZF.....however got a manual SSV and never tried a Ford 6 speed manual:beer chug:

I'm pretty sure the XR8 when it existed had a T56 manual in it which is the same as my SSV.

How are you finding the switch to the v8?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The current falcon manuals are all TR6060, and are significantly nicer and more accurate than the T56 truck boxes in the VE (E3s get the 6060 though). That said, I personally can't stomach owning an auto, not for any sense of superiority or to impress anyone - simply because I enjoy driving cars using a clutch pedal and shifter. I don't enjoy driving autos nearly as much (even in traffic), even in self-shift mode - a snappy DSG box can be fun, but that's about it for me. And I'm not into drag racing and don't care about getting from here to 402.3m further down the road .4 of a second faster than someone else. Give me a twisty road, three pedals and a shifter (and the car they belong to of course) and I'll be alright.

I don't know why this topic becomes such an argument - a manual either fits you or it doesn't. Pretty simple, really. I have nothing against autos or people who drive them.. they are just simply not for me.

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
The TR6060 was introduced to 2009 plated HSV's. I believe they were then fitted to the SS sometime in 2010, most likely with the introduction of the series 2.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
The current falcon manuals are all TR6060, and are significantly nicer and more accurate than the T56 truck boxes in the VE (E3s get the 6060 though). That said, I personally can't stomach owning an auto, not for any sense of superiority or to impress anyone - simply because I enjoy driving cars using a clutch pedal and shifter. I don't enjoy driving autos nearly as much (even in traffic), even in self-shift mode - a snappy DSG box can be fun, but that's about it for me. And I'm not into drag racing and don't care about getting from here to 402.3m further down the road .4 of a second faster than someone else. Give me a twisty road, three pedals and a shifter (and the car they belong to of course) and I'll be alright.

I don't know why this topic becomes such an argument - a manual either fits you or it doesn't. Pretty simple, really. I have nothing against autos or people who drive them.. they are just simply not for me.

couldnt have said it better man!

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Yes. However the my12 might be different but autos have different badge to the manual thats my point

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Badge means fark all.....

From MY10 onwards, both auto and manuals are capable of running on E85.

I have an auto MY10....and it can run on E85....

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The TR6060 was introduced to 2009 plated HSV's. I believe they were then fitted to the SS sometime in 2010, most likely with the introduction of the series 2.

Didn't know that! That right there is the biggest selling point for a S2 over an S1 in my opinion then.