Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wallys Wagon VZ

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Hey mate were did u get ur under drive pully thing from. Also did u change it urself. Sounds good

Hey Scuff, just have a google-around for one, there somewhat common for the vz v6's, loving the look of ur wagon to mate. Awesome job :thumbsup:

yea im getting him to do my dash, console and footwell lighting so i might get him to put them in cause they look great.

great looking ride too mate.

Cheers Paynetrain. Patience is the key... & cash :D

Ey wall-e, long time no speak mate, phreddies work does look nice, if only I wasnt incredibley unorganised and got him to do mine when he was down here, ah well maybe next time, lights look sweet, probly see ya round some time have good one!

Heya bud! been a while! Ah phreddys a hard beast to catch but when you do, magic happens ;) ill keep you posted when hes coming round next to melb & ill let you know if you want. Hows ur rig behaving of recent? going to upgrade it soonish? keep in touch fella :D

heya Mate, long time no chat, how you been?good mod Walt, how is the rest of the car going?

Jacob ma-man! Loving the finished look of ur car man! sucks how funds hold us all back from getting projects completed ay? Mate been flat stick with work hence the wags has become somewhat neglected. But ive been slowing down of recent so now ill concentrate on the car a little more now. Hopefully more mods or changes to come within the following years lol. Keep in touch mate! :D

Heya Walt,

How things? Does this pulley kit make the car rev more freely & was it hard to install?

Hey Paul! you gonna catch tool in melb soon or what? Been flat-out with work for a while now & getting pretty burnt-out so ill take it easy now for a few weeks while i can. Yes it makes the car rev more freely & it wasn't difficult to install, just fiddlesome unfortunately because neither myself or the garage that i went too has installed one to an alloytec before. so we went slow with the install. I think the Dyno speaks for itself :D hows the rest of ur rig going mate? whatelse is on the hit-list? good to know u've got a company car now. Saves the Km's being clocked on ur pride & joy ay? Keep in touch mate :D

These things would be good if you don't run mass electrical gear..... eg . a stock car. Ultimately you can do the same thing via VCM Suite with idle settings.

So what ur saying is that what ive done is a waste of time with all the 'electrical' stuff i done to the car too. eg. NOT a stock car.... So the dyno is lying is it? where would the 6kw's come from then post installation of the underdrive kit? Seriously mate.....

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Nah mate, saw Metallica at Acer Arena a few sats ago in Sydney, f**ken awesome. What does the Kit comprise of, i might have a look into this.
Yeah same here to, works been busy for me too. Not much, fitted SS tailights n SV6 sill plates other than tat not alot. still gotta get a new clutch, im putting that off a lil bit cause ive got rego n ctp greenslip due at end of december. I only drive my car on weekends now.

-scyth-

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Nah mate, saw Metallica at Acer Arena a few sats ago in Sydney, f**ken awesome. What does the Kit comprise of, i might have a look into this.
Yeah same here to, works been busy for me too. Not much, fitted SS tailights n SV6 sill plates other than tat not alot. still gotta get a new clutch, im putting that off a lil bit cause ive got rego n ctp greenslip due at end of december. I only drive my car on weekends now.

####yeah! how good were Metallica? I saw them Thursday night just past. Simply awesome.

It's a Powerbond kit and includes race series balancer, 2 x idler pulleys and a Gatorback drive belt. Belt pattern is pretty impressive! But definitely look into it as it is worth it. Definitely suited for the weekend cruiser :D

Cars looking great mate! keep up the good work :thumbsup:

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
Originally Posted by bigdaddycool
These things would be good if you don't run mass electrical gear..... eg . a stock car. Ultimately you can do the same thing via VCM Suite with idle settings.

Originally Posted by -Scyth-
So what ur saying is that what ive done is a waste of time with all the 'electrical' stuff i done to the car too. eg. NOT a stock car.... So the dyno is lying is it? where would the 6kw's come from then post installation of the underdrive kit? Seriously mate.....

i wouldnt wory about him too much mate his idea of a mod write up is " is used a big strong drill bit"

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
####yeah! how good were Metallica? I saw them Thursday night just past. Simply awesome.

It's a Powerbond kit and includes race series balancer, 2 x idler pulleys and a Gatorback drive belt. Belt pattern is pretty impressive! But definitely look into it as it is worth it. Definitely suited for the weekend cruiser :D

Cars looking great mate! keep up the good work :thumbsup:

hey mate just been looking into this kit you've installed, just have a few questions. from what i can tell youve replaced the harmonic balancer is that correct ?? and what are the actualy gains of this kit other than the slight increase in kw's ?

-scyth-

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Originally Posted by bigdaddycool

Originally Posted by -Scyth-

i wouldnt wory about him too much mate his idea of a mod write up is " is used a big strong drill bit"

Yeah i know. Irritating is what he's good at. Moving on.

Ill cut n paste the other gains i got in the previous posts or so above, hopefully that clears up any confusion & yes Harmonic balancer & the other 2 idler pulleys too. :thumbsup:

After the pulley kit was installed, the car pulled 122kw. total of 6kw. Cool! not bad for a $250 mod. But more importantly the car definitely has a better torque range under foot. Its certaintly not a "throw you back into the seat with a 100G forces worth of excitement", but it surely feels a lot more "free" under the foot. Also when using accessories such as AC is totally unnoticeable. Trust me the AC still works well, but as we all know, when you use the AC you'd notice it. But now its seamless. Fuel wise its slightly better as well. Not a massive drop, but from city-suburban driving, going from 12.1 down to 11.2 is pretty good me thinks. No change in driving behavior either.

Hope it helps.
Walt

Last edited:

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Jacob ma-man! Loving the finished look of ur car man! sucks how funds hold us all back from getting projects completed ay? Mate been flat stick with work hence the wags has become somewhat neglected. But ive been slowing down of recent so now ill concentrate on the car a little more now. Hopefully more mods or changes to come within the following years lol. Keep in touch mate! :D
yea mate, defintaly will keep in touch, yea mate it will look better once it is all done and painted, which now i have my side skirts i can finally start prepping it for painting woot woot. yea i know the feeling about funds holding you back, i think everyone on here knows that feeling lol, ill pm you mate, gotta catch up lol

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN

No what i'm saying is in theory with VCM Tuning suite you could of just dropped idle to compensate for what these things do anyway. But I'll have to inspect this for myself and go buy one :D As I'm looking to get my alloytech up at 160rwkw (for an executive model). So I am looking around at them now myself......... as even if they do cause issues by having the idle too low I'll just bump it up via VCM Suite so.

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
hey mate where'd you pick the calais headlights from? and did you install the pulley kit? if so was it hard?

great looking wagon mate! love seeing cars done up to look this nice ;D

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
Been a while since ive done anything to the car thanks to my very busy workload.

So heres the story.

Went out & bought a powerbond 20% under drive pulley kit. Heard a lot of good things about these kits but never saw any dyno charts or anything related to the VZ V6 Alloytecs. However theres heaps of info regarding these kits & V8's. So i thought what the hell, ill bite the bullet & buy a kit get it installed & get it dynoed much to everyone elses curiosity.

Contacted Mark from TTT Performance in Dandenong, nice bunch of blokes to boot as well & since this was an experimental thing for me & their workshop; they put my nerves at ease.

So here goes...

Below is the dyno that we've all been waiting for.

View attachment 105226

If you cant read the text, the car on a 22deg day pulled 116kw. Now thats stock without ANY mods. no exhaust, filter, header, nothing. Just stock from the factory & in desperate need of a general service! So not too shabby.

After the pulley kit was installed, the car pulled 122kw. total of 6kw. Cool! not bad for a $250 mod. But more importantly the car definitely has a better torque range under foot. Its certaintly not a "throw you back into the seat with a 100G forces worth of excitement", but it surely feels a lot more "free" under the foot. Also when using accessories such as AC is totally unnoticeable. Trust me the AC still works well, but as we all know, when you use the AC you'd notice it. But now its seamless. Fuel wise its slightly better as well. Not a massive drop, but from city-suburban driving, going from 12.1 down to 11.2 is pretty good me thinks. No change in driving behavior either.

So i'd recommend it. And for those guys after a bit more KW's, & have installed the exhaust, filter kits & god knows what else, definitely give this a shot as it will give you a bit more go. Installation for us novices took about an hour.

Well worth it & enjoy. Thanks again to the TTT Performance guys in dandy as well.

:thumbsup:
Cheers, Walt

Hey mate just wondering how hard it was to install this kit? Is it something a weekender could handle or definitely something a mechanic should install??