Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting people that have converted VS ECOTEC to manual.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
hey jayem just a quick question were are those pics you are talking about?

This one dude. Huh you would think that issue would have been raised before on the site. Maybe if I dug deep enough I would find it, Ah well this is why I wanted to collect some people to make a complete how to.

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
vslll v6 2000 olympic series ute, 1997 pajero 3.5l
thanks mates shes all good ill sort it out and make her fit lol

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so i have spoke to the guy today and turns out that yes there is some electrical work to do because he does not have a manual computer for me but one thing i still cant find the info on is that the gearbox is out of a vp s2 and i am putting it into a 2000 vs ute with all the info i have got so far it is vs box into vn or vp or vs manual box into another vs which had an auto in it but i dont think i have see any post about a vp s2 manual box going into a vs ute or anything is it still going to be the same as what everyone has been saying or is there more to it i am a bit scattered at the moment lol sorry i also got the new spiggot busch and rea gearbox seal today and am picking up the flywheel bolts tomorrow

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
ok so i have spoke to the guy today and turns out that yes there is some electrical work to do because he does not have a manual computer for me but one thing i still cant find the info on is that the gearbox is out of a vp s2 and i am putting it into a 2000 vs ute with all the info i have got so far it is vs box into vn or vp or vs manual box into another vs which had an auto in it but i dont think i have see any post about a vp s2 manual box going into a vs ute or anything is it still going to be the same as what everyone has been saying or is there more to it i am a bit scattered at the moment lol sorry i also got the new spiggot busch and rea gearbox seal today and am picking up the flywheel bolts tomorrow

Cool, yeh your'e in luck. My donor car for my conversion just happens to be a series II VP!! The electric work if you are using a manual ECU or not is basically the same, from what I have read. The difference is that with manual computer you have to wire a feed from the speed sensor to pin D2 on the ecu. Have a look on e-bay for a manual computer. I haven't got one but I am leaving that for now, till I can afford to lol the car is still drivable though.

Just remember to have that fly wheel mirror balanced and you will be sweet.

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so its all done good news and bad news the good news is that everything works brake lights reverse lights speedo all that jazz the bad news is my exaust seems to be to far forward now and i have a bad vibration before you say flywheel i have had severel people look and listen and drive it and they seem to think it is something else it does it when you are stopped and while you are driving the higher you bring up the rpm's the worse the vibrations get i can get another flywheel for nothing off the person i got this one from but even he things it is strange as he has put alot of manual boxes in and he has never had to get the balanced and or machined or anything and he cant work it out and yes the clutch is center as i used a clutch aligning toold to center it my thereoy is when i look under the car the center of the exaust sits alot lower then before and when i try and push it up it seems to be under alot of pressure before it even comes close to hiting the gearbox mount it almost looks like the whole engine and box needs to roll forward more could this have something to do with the vibration also when you put your hand on top of the motor and start revving it you can hear it all through the car but you can not feel it at all on top of the motor

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I couldn't feel mine on top of the motor either. If the engine and box needed to "roll forward more" the drive shaft would seem too long.

It has to be the fly wheel mate ( to be fair who has really felt a fly wheel out of balance before? not joe blog anyway ). Simple logic. no vibration as auto, do manual conversion, think what has changed? box, cant really cause intense vibrations, fly wheel, Yes that can cause intense vibrations. Has anything else changed that may cause vibrations? no, except drive shaft, but that can only be felt while driving.

Dude seriously though I told you to balance the fly wheel! Did that fly wheel come from the VP donor car? if so yup she is the culprit. Dont bother getting another one from your mate unless he has a series one VS ECOTEC fly wheel ( None duel mass ) get your one mirror balanced to your flex plate.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
This is how much they took out of my flywheel to get the balance correct (for L67), im not sure why you would go to trouble installing without getting this done first.

IMG_0107800x600.jpg

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok news update turns out my gearbox supplyer was right i did not need to get the flywheel balanced after i chewed his ear off today and told him i want some money back i have found out that my rear gearbox mount is shot as soon as i take the smallest amount of weight off the mount with a jack the vibration stops completly no matter how much i rev it or drive it i even went to the trouble to be sure of jaming some rubber pads in it and taking for a long hard drive and guess what it is sweet as a whistle so i rang my supplyer back and apologised for going off at him and now everthing is all good i ordered the mount today should have it by thursday

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Well I stand corrected.

But I am curious why everyone says that the fly wheel must be balanced and Sweetwagon has proof right here. Did your fly wheel have any drilling in it?