Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting people that have converted VS ECOTEC to manual.

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
vslll v6 2000 olympic series ute, 1997 pajero 3.5l
i totaly agree with you jonah i should have got it done anyway to make sure and no there was no drilling on the flywheel the person i got it from said that the only ones he has ever had to get balanced was the new ones he has been getting through delco otherwise all the second hand ones he has never had a problem with them

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
yep brand spanker and greased every spline and shaft on the thingfrom the input right back to the taily

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
OMG! I had less holes than that lol

The ecotec flexplate has less counterweight than the L67, so mine needed more holes drilled (its very smooth)

flexplates.jpg

Well I stand corrected.

But I am curious why everyone says that the fly wheel must be balanced and Sweetwagon has proof right here. Did your fly wheel have any drilling in it?

You are correct in saying VN-VR flywheel will need to be balanced to suit ecotec/L67.

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
my flywheel and box came from a s2 vp

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
The ecotec flexplate has less counterweight than the L67, so mine needed more holes drilled (its very smooth)

You are correct in saying VN-VR flywheel will need to be balanced to suit ecotec/L67.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Either way, Im please with my fly wheel. light as lol

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so on thursday night i recived my new gearbox mount put that in then made a new exhaust mounting bracjet because i used the vs system so that is fixed and then i made a new rear end piece because i no longer fits and guess what now more vibrations or low hanging exhaust that leaks :yeah: and now i could not be happier, next on the list is does anyone know someone who can tune my cumputer to erease the codes and engine light i will also be up at canberra friday night and a bit on saturday

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok kool ill see if i can message them or something

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I currently am still running my auto PCM and chip ( still have fault codes/engine check light on ) and VSS wire cut going to the PCM as per VN - VR manual conversion guide. But I want to fix this.
Now I know that in my current situation I do not have fuel cut on deceleration or fuel trim. Now I know that sourcing a Vs T5 ECU might be difficult, but not impossible so I want to do things the easy way if possible. So my question is if I get a chip made for my auto PCM do dismiss auto fault codes will I have fuel cut on deceleration and fuel trim? or is that not possible without a VSS signal to the ECU?

I would love to get this fixed as I am getting 12/100k and thats with stuffed coil packs ( Miss firing ) and not babying the car to get good fuel consuption, So im looking forward to seeing some good figures :clapping: