Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WAR is getting Close.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The late Skydrol mentioned in one of his posts that what was reported in the news when he was in Afghanistan was quite different to what was happening.

That hasn't changed much since the news covered the wars with imbedded journalists, only publish good news stories, nothing that will upset the public etc, pictures of your dead troops doesn't make good news.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just have to remember all the fake videos/audio clips that popped up when the Ukraine war started, now i see ads with the new google phone and u can just put another face on the person if its not right in the picture u just took, seems ''faking'' your or someone's life is getting much easier now days and its a selling point :confused:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Rocket that hit hospital was fired from inside Gaza.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
There’s quite a lot of combat footage of Russian Special forces having little protection, no helmets. The footage is extremely graphic so not going to post it. (If you want to see it, Reddit r/combatfootage). The Russians were identified as Special Forces by the vehicle they were in (unique to Special Forces) before it was hit. Drones finished them off. Really sad that they are being sent in as disposable.

Ukraine has widened the bridge head across the Dnipro River out to 20km in Kherson and taken a number of villages back. They have also established a second bridgehead east of there nearer where the dam was blown by the Russians.

Near Bakhmut Russia lost more troops and equipment than in the first few days of the war. The Ukrainians have pushed east and Russia is trying to outflank them from the north and the south. Ukraine is wiping them out. The Russians have slowed aerial sorties because they have lost five jets and lots of helicopters.

So now they have pushed toward Tokmak which is a vital link in the Russian supply line. I was listening to a podcast about war economics and how it affects use of resources. In most modern armies mines are used to a particular formula. Least cost v chances of casualty v chance of tanks being destroyed in a mined environment. The Russians have thrown that out the window and mined most of the eastern and SE front with 5 mines per square meter. Instead of the defensive mine field extending 50m, they are doing it at 500m. This is the reason the Ukrainian counter offensive has been so slow. It is a mine intensity that until now was unheard of. Tokmak is only 12km away but when there are mine fields 500m deep and at 5 mines per m2, that’s a long 12km.

Ukrainians have now been able to make good advances. A weakened Russia can pull troops and equipment from Bakhmut area and reinforce in the south but don’t have the resources to defend all three advances.

NATO mine sweepers from two countries are clearing a safe passage in the Black Sea.

The last few days have been huge for Ukraine.

The arrival of Danish F-16’s and Swedish Grippens (they will be the strongest game changer IMO) are going to give the Ukrainians great control of the skies. Best of all will be the ability to use the Storm Shadow missiles to their full featured effect. Currently they are being back yard hacked onto the Ukrainian Su24 Flankers. They have greatly limited capabilities. It was described as “making an iPhone compatible with a clay tablet”.

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Rocket that hit hospital was fired from inside Gaza.
Media Watch on the ABC last night covered this off.
Mind you, I'm one of the very few that watch that program before I switch off before Q and A starts. That is now unwatchable, unless there are fully grownups on the panel.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Media Watch on the ABC last night covered this off.
Mind you, I'm one of the very few that watch that program before I switch off before Q and A starts. That is now unwatchable, unless there are fully grownups on the panel.
Q and A is absolutely awful. The voice would of won with a 95% majority if you believe that BS

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Israel War is raging. Troops getting ready to go into Gaza.
Most to see whats going on use the internet and find the feed of i24 or Israel 24 a news feed or Al- Jazeera. Both I say get their feed from the ground reporters or the freelance reporters then they go to i24 (Suits Israel) or AL- Jazeera (suit the Arab league) but what I have more decoders, monitors turned on I can see what they have cut off. As you must expect i24 (Israel 24) cut out what does not suit the agenda for Israel and the same goes for Al-Zazeera and Palestine they cut what does not suit there agenda but mainly they cut out the GORE, The GORE, The Gore.

I feel Sorry for the GAZA Bureau Chief as he lost his family with one Israel air strike. Yes over 10 was killed. I say from now you will have another person hating the Jews that much that you would like to kill the lot of them and I say a normal male on this planet would be the same. I felt sad after I witnessed this and found out this on the news feed..

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure if anyone watches Ward Carrol’s channel.
He is a former F-14 guy. Had a long career in the Navy. What I like about his content is that it is objective reporting. He has an excellent network of sources in the military. He reports facts, not opinions. He does not push agendas. He does not engage in hypothetical scenarios based on current events. Just facts and observations.

Most of his content is based around focusing on planes or military activities. However when **** goes down, his reporting on situations cuts through to the chase concisely.