Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

**WARNING** VZ V6 Owners

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
I'll keep posting what I've been told, and I rang holden, and 4 dealerships today.

Castrol FMX is fine, and does not void warranty.

No full synth "good quality" oil will.

B

Baritji

Why dont people just read their bloody owners manual, instead of comming on here and abusing everyone, when they find out that what they wrote in their post is wrong!!!

Get a life!

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
benzor said:
I'll keep posting what I've been told, and I rang holden, and 4 dealerships today.

Castrol FMX is fine, and does not void warranty.

No full synth "good quality" oil will.
Yep no drama with that oil,my dealer they use Castrol FMX on my sv6 here in melbourne.

V

VX_KN079

benzor said:
I know all Heartland Dealers, Suttons at Chullora, Hunder at Ryde, Central Coast Holden...They all use castrol

You know them all? Mate nice contacts you got there!

I swear this forum should be called "The Penis Size Comparrison Competition"

Why can't anyone ever just know when theirs is smaller than other peoples?

Oh and I don't expect the majority of people on this forum to get that. You need some intelligence to understand it.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
This is a better bitchfight than my 6 yr old daughter and friends have lol, quit with the personal insults and threats and bullshit now guys or else we'll have to place some of u fellas on moderated posts or give you a one way holiday.

When you guys say holden only uses such and such brand is that a general statement applying to all models, or does that specifically apply to VZ V6s? Our dealer used castrol in the VT.

old mans ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
15000kms is a long way between oil changes. Strange that anyone who thinks enough about their vehicle to even read this forum would need to be WARNED not to exceed such generous service intervals

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i was told by the sutherland holden dealership to use magnatec...

anyone used that before??????

and how cool are those oil filters they kickass compared to the white cansister typre ones

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
As all dealerships are run independantly or possibly owned by a group of companies they can negotiate on their own to use whatever lubricants they wish to. For example one week our local dealership was using Repsol branded motor oil in all their services and now they are using some other manufacturers brand of oil. so it all comes down to how much they are being charged to supply the oil from the manufacturers and blenders. Dont forget fellas there are only two manufacturers of oil here in Australia and everyone else only blends it here with their own concoctions to meet their own specifications!!! The point of my original post was to point out the ramifications of not following the correct servicing procedure and using the correct grade of lubricants as specified and the likely damage it can cause!! Old mans ute is right in that anyone who actually cares about their motor vehicle will not have problems, but believe me i've come across owners who hadn't changed their oil in 60,0000klm and only using mineral oil of the wrong grade and the damage was terminal and they whinge at the cost to repair with a new engine!!! Work that one out!!!!

junka

MUZZA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equipe VZ
WARNING V6 Owners

With regards to the debate on which brand of oil to use.

It doesn't really matter which brand of oil to use, so long its meets minimum oil specification for the car ie. SAE 5W or 10W/30 SL GF-3 for an Alloytec V6 (from Vz owners handbook).

Different oil manufacturers will claim that their extra additives with buzz words like friction modifiers and "magnetic" compounds are the bees knees, but in the end it is hype to get you to buy it. You will find most oil brands, even the cheaper ones, probably already use these additives, they just don't make a big deal about it, as a selling point. Also, whether they have any real benefit for the extra $$ is debatable.

In the end, so long it meets the specification and oil changes are regular according to driving conditions is all what is required.

If there is a particular brand of oil that you trust, meets the spec and you are comfortable with, then use it.