Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
My dad & his brother were hoons but mostly on motobikes. My dad now doesnt see the point in flogging a car all time but every now & again he opens up his VP 5L ute. His first car was a VE Valiant, then proceeded to own a HQ twin headlight ex police car, HZ ex police, an XD ex police car with a fully worked 351, a HQ panelvan with a GTS front end.

He told me stories of how he would go into a Holden dealer & test drive the current model GTS, flog the **** out of it then return it lol.

My uncle (his brother) once told me. "If you wanna go fast & do stupid ****, dont do it in a car, thats just silly. Get yourself a motobike"......

My nan (their mum) was a bit of a hoon. She LOVES V8's & they owned an XC Fairmont coupe which she hooned around in. They traded that on a new XD Fairmont Ghia, which they later gave to us. She now hoons around in a 83' Mercedes-Benz 500SEL.

Head_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sedan
Lol my Dad still is a hoon...

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
Went out for a drive around a very bushy area and we stopped at this waterfall for a piss, Was a big pan of gravel.
Me: Spin them you reckon?
Him: Nah (biggest grin on his face)
Did a big single pegger gravel slide thing hahaha.
Was well funny.