Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sladdo's VT V6 5sp HBD

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
Hey people thought id share some pics & info of my 99' VT Commodore Executive HBD.

Its an optioned up Executive with power windows, ABS & other little things.

Engine is a 3.8L V6 with a 5sp Getrag manual.

Has 240,000km.

It has the factory HBD bodykit.

I bought it off me mate who didnt wanna sell it but a work ute was more pratical.

Its had a very hard life with me mate & it has taken its toll on it & im slowly fixing bits & pieces up so far new engine mounts, power steer pump, rear k-frame (old one snapped) & little things like that. While k-frame was out i replaced the drive shafts & fitted an LSD.

Engine Mods Cat back exhaust (sounds wicked), K&N panel filter, Gates Racing serpentine belt, removed mesh & polished out AFM.

Drivetrain Getrag 5sp manual, 3.08 LSD

Suspention King Spring super lows all round & a camber kit in the rear.

Brakes/Wheels ROH Fury 17in alloys, DBA Gold slotted & drilled rotors. Bendix Ultimate pads.

Body Factory HBD bodykit, under-car neons, window tint.

Interior Painted dash fascia, leather trimmed gear boot, GTR instrument cluster facia, blue LED interior light bulb, AutoMetre throw overs, SS floor mates.

Sound System Ebay special DVD etc player with screen, Pioneer splits up front & Pioneer 6x9's in the parcel shelf powered by a Kenwood amp. Kenwood sub in custom Kenwood box powered by a Rockford Fosgate amp.

Future plans include:

Hitting up Mace & getting most of their bolt-on Ecotec mods.
Extractors & high-flo cats.
Clean up engine bay.
Respray bodykit.
Get gearbox rebuilt (2nd gear synchro stuffed)
What ever else takes my fancy. Ideas?

Now for the pics. Sorry car is dirty. Damn roadworks!

19092009414.jpg

11112009448.jpg

11112009449.jpg

11112009450.jpg

11112009451.jpg

The whole arse end dropped outta the car at work. Im a 2nd year apprentice mechanic at Victory Ford.

15102009427.jpg

The arse end on the ground minus the diff. You can see the crack in the k-frame. Look above the RH drive-shaft

15102009428.jpg

Last edited:

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
Just an update....

A mate of mine recently bought a VT Clubsort & has put the running gear into a VH. So anyway Ive scored a heap of goodies off it for a great price. The list as follows...

Full coulson interior including front & rear seats & door cards.
All four complete doors for spare power window motors & tinted glass.
250km/h speedo
HSV badge off passenger airbag
HSV rear garnish.

Ill post pics as i fit the bits & pieces.

All that for $1500.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
man, you got a wicked bargain on those parts! those coulson seats (if in good nick) are like $1,800 + on there own! Your mate must really love you :p

edit - also a shame to gut a clubsport just to get the running gear...

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
man, you got a wicked bargain on those parts! those coulson seats (if in good nick) are like $1,800 + on there own! Your mate must really love you :p

edit - also a shame to gut a clubsport just to get the running gear...

The thing is with those coulsons they're cloth...never seen cloth ones before but none the less they're coulsons & they'll do me.

The Clubsport had been driven through a garage wall.

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
Another update guys....

Yesterday I stripped the airflow metre down & knocked out the honey-comb & polished the housing profusely. Then when I put it back together i lined it all up so there was no part of the 2nd housing out of alignment to hinder airflow. Its made a noticeable difference to performance & I recommend doing it. Dont let people tell you that the mesh is there to even out airflow. It is there to stop **** from blowing into the element & ruining it but if you have an airfilter you have nothing to worry about.

Also yesterday I fitted my HSV instrument cluster. Will get pics asap. Because I have the mid-series BEM (it will say LOW, MID, HI or LUX on the sticker if you wish to check yours) all the trip computer worked no problem (3 window cluster vs 1 window). Only the tacho is inop because it was out of a V8. Holden can change this to suit V6 using Tech 2.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
looks good buddy, throw up some more pics when you get the chance. love the HBD kit

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Looks sweet mate. What have you got planned for the engine bay cleanup?
Any plans suspension wise?

Cheers.

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
ay man that looks trick, thanks for informing bout that mesh on the airflow meter .. didn't even know it was there ! lol but deafinatly ripping it out !

i got a VT s-pack, one thing i hope u never have to go through ... having a clutch let go ..... im up for a new clutch ... nice $1600 just for parts .... greaaaat haha