Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

Crossy_014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
My dad used to steal my grandpas Jaguar and go racing around town

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
My dad used to have a Monaro, crashed it because a bus ran into him, he stuck the motor into a torana, and did a fair bit to it, according to him it was 10.5-11 second car. With dual pull pumps after getting to 3rd at 7k revs the carby would run outta fuel.

He used to also race motocross bikes. :S

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
The old man was one. Used to have a LC XU1 still to this day regrets giving it to the wreckers........
As for now. He's not allowed to drive the Calais, i dont have enough trend left.

omad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 2000 VX SS
my old man sat me down before i got my commodore and told me storys about how he got his old mans kingswood off the clock 3 or 4 times and used to do twinies down north in car parks... but of corse back in the day you could get away with that... must still b in my blood

alpine-wolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive S2 Wagon
Not my old man, used to drive an AUSTIN MAXI!!!! :rofl2: I think the fastest that could go was about 60km/hr! My half brothers father is different story , had falcon 500 :spew: and was a hoon, he was towing a trailer that had another falcon 500 on it and would overtake as many cars as possible just to get ahead of everyone, he also had MkIII zephyr in which he kept on killing v8 engines!!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
nope, my dad drove a tarago ... bought it brand new without even taking it for a test drive ...
He got it sideways once, then had to stop and take a breather,

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
My old man was a mad ****, Used to tell me how he did burnouts. Reverse>Drive haha. Reckons he had the toughest gearbox in W.A. Also met my Mum's cousins father today, He got clocked doing 175 across the nalobour in his old HQ.

revan_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
hectik turbos
like father like son.

mz81vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec.
Lol. With the stories he's told me. Yeah i think he was. He still is actually. Still tries to beat people off the mark at lights. His car is lowered too lol. Pretty funny to watch, my dad is 50 yrs old. No mid life crisis. He's always been like that. I can remember when i was about 12 when we were at dad's home town in the country and they had this paddock basher that they'd take us around for rides in. But they'd be more careful with us younger kids but then when we got out and my older cousins and uncles got it, thats when they would do the real stupid stuff. Funny though, all the stories dad told me about him and my uncles hooning around back in them days but no-one ever killed themselves or anyone else like what happens these days. I dunno. But don't see why my dad's generation were hoons but no-one ever got hurt, no-one ever got killed (except maybe a few cars lol). So whats so different these days? Why are these little shits killing themselves and stuff.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
My old man was a mad ****, Used to tell me how he did burnouts. Reverse>Drive haha. Reckons he had the toughest gearbox in W.A. Also met my Mum's cousins father today, He got clocked doing 175 across the nalobour in his old HQ.

175 hahaha nice. Me dad's monaro did 220 on the speedo and kept bouncing going faster apparently away from cops. back then they couldn't keep up, my mum rang asking where he was and he was hiding behind a billboard.