Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

well this sucks

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Hey theott, sorry to see your misfortune. Certainly does suck.
Has it been assessed yet?
Kinda. The assessor came before it was quoted. He pretty much said no chance of write off I don't care how new it is. So now the quote has come in at 20k before the quarter gets pulled off. My hope is he thinks the salvage value may be sufficient with that quote to write off. What does anyone thing the salvage value would be for a dec 2016 ssv redline auto with hf20's would be?

One thing I plan on using against him is when I said my car will never be the same again and he said "no it wont ever be the same, it will be right but never the same' To me that means it should not be repaired!!!

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Kinda. The assessor came before it was quoted. He pretty much said no chance of write off I don't care how new it is. So now the quote has come in at 20k before the quarter gets pulled off. My hope is he thinks the salvage value may be sufficient with that quote to write off. What does anyone thing the salvage value would be for a dec 2016 ssv redline auto with hf20's would be?

One thing I plan on using against him is when I said my car will never be the same again and he said "no it wont ever be the same, it will be right but never the same' To me that means it should not be repaired!!!

Was this the assessor from your insurance company or the other party's?

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline

You are going through every other VF2 owners worse fear. I really feel for you and hope you get a good result. Also hope you have an agreed value/replacement policy cos I recall you got a great deal so it would cost extra $ to replace now! Good luck! (PS Totally sh1ts me when I see people driving with their phone in their hand WTF?)

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
You are going through every other VF2 owners worse fear. I really feel for you and hope you get a good result. Also hope you have an agreed value/replacement policy cos I recall you got a great deal so it would cost extra $ to replace now! Good luck! (PS Totally sh1ts me when I see people driving with their phone in their hand WTF?)

yeah mate 3 years new for old. maybe a little glad this is happening now not next year!! My contract when I got it also had the 5 years warranty as well as the years comprehensive insurance. Wonder what happens there?

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
yeah mate 3 years new for old. maybe a little glad this is happening now not next year!! My contract when I got it also had the 5 years warranty as well as the years comprehensive insurance. Wonder what happens there?
with a write off the insurance policy ceases, and it may be likely the additional warranty won't be transferable. That's the least of your worries but expect full replacement should also cover extended warranty.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
damage 1.jpg
damage 2.jpg
repairs.jpg

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
its the 3rd pic that makes me most unhappy. Cutting and welding in a new panel :(

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
its the 3rd pic that makes me most unhappy. Cutting and welding in a new panel :(
Yeah; I felt like **** after a tiny dent on my front guard. Which I caused.
If it's done properly, no one would ever know. It'll be as good as new mate.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
OP, I know how gutted you feel, when the VYSS was released, I bought one new with all the boxes ticked. 3 hours after leaving the dealership, I opened the bonnet to show my brother the engine bay, and there was battery acid everywhere. The regulator in the alternator had failed. Back to the dealer to have the engine removed on the second day of ownership and everything repainted.
When I picked it up it was as good as new but I know they couldn't possibly have cleaned all the acid out from the chassis rails, I drove it like I stole it from then on, and it was an awesome car.
With your repair, at least it is just sheet metal, they will fix it up good as new.