Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

well this sucks

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Back to the OP... I dread some silly bastard running into my car. I also dread taking the car to the shopping centre where some thoughtless twit lets their door swing wide and ding the panels on my car. Me, I try to do the right thing as best I can. I don't let my door flip open onto other cars...I don't use my Mobile while driving and I leave a good space between me and the car in front of me at all times.

It's getting harder and harder to drive these days what with all the idiots who seem to have bought their licences rather than earned them, along with the idiots who are on their Mobiles or kids trying to prove that their old bomb is just it and a bit. Along with all that you have to keep one eye on your speedo and keep a weather eye out for the bloody unmarked speed camera cars on the side of the road.

As to Asians and driving...well, sorry to say, but in the last five or so years the worst and most idiotic moves I have seen on Melbourne suburban roads have been committed by Asian drivers. This is not a racial thing...I don't care where a person comes from. The Chinese have not had a car culture all that long. Aussies have been driving since cars became commonplace so, as kids being passengers in cars they have picked up a lot of driving-related skills and rules before they even get their hands on a steering wheel. Chinese drivers have only had wide access to cars since the late 90s and it shows. They can be downright dangerous and very discourteous (drive around Box Hill and Glen Waverley to see what I mean). They also have a funny attitude when it comes to accidents. I was parked in a shopping centre a couple of years back (in my previous car) and a Chinese lady in a new Merc 4WD backed into my car and just decided to drive away! I jumped out of my car and had to stand in front of her to stop her leaving the scene. She then screamed and said, "Your car old...my car new! You go away! I call the police!" I told her to go ahead but I wasn't going to move until she exchanged details. Unfortunately for her a kindly old bloke nearby offered to be a witness to the exchange so I dobbed her into the cops. Apparently they visited her and "re-explained" the rules about exchanging details after an accident. Fortunately her insurance covered the damage to my bumper but her "My **** doesn't stink" attitude left a bad impression of Chinese drivers on me.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Stroppy.....It's not just Asian drivers.....A couple of years back, I had an Australian woman ram into the back of my car, whilst it was at a T-junction....Yes, I pulled over to exchange details, along with her, but she didn't get out of her car....Instead, she made some rant about me being a ******** stopping at a T-junction and took off....Fortunately I got photos of her and her snot box as she made a hasty get away.....When I reported it to the Police, I was just about ready to drive off, when she turned up to lodge her report...

Prior to that I had another one written off, because an Australian male driver failed to see me stopped at a red light and used me as his brakes in an 80 KPH zone.....

The driver of the T-junction incident was in her early 30's and the traffic light incident driver was in his early 40's....None of the cars were insured (yes my fault), so guess who wore the cost of the write off? The T-junction one, is repairable and fortunately I have a mate that is more than compentant of the panel repairs, so it's going to set me back about $300

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
How are things progressing for you theott?

Yet another reminder on the news tonight of what we share the road with. An SUV clips the back corner of what appears to be some sort of mini cabriolet. SUV rolls off the road to the right, mini goes to the left & the guy with the dashcam seemed unscathed as he somehow managed his 4WD between the two.

Totally unnecessary as it was at least a 3 lane highway so speed limit would most likely be 100 but all this happened in the right hand lane - from the footage it seems the mini all of a sudden was almost to a stop with the left indicator on as if it was a split decision of "oh, I don't want to be in this lane so I'll just wait here for a gap in the centre lane" (unless the thing broke down & was coming to a stop but I somehow doubt it).

DRIVE SAFE guys & gals over Easter and don't sit too close behind those ungamely SUVs - even if you trust that driver, you just don't know what the idiot in front of him is going to do!

just waiting on finance company to give final go ahead so they can make the order on the new car! Hope they hurry up so I can get the damn thing ordered

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Have you ever driven a truck? Are you aware how much room they actually need to negioate a corner?

Whilst it seems I'm having a dig at you, I'm not....It is a pity you were involved in a car accident but unfortunately a lot of people don't understand that a semi needs to have a wide birth to get around a corner

Uhhm, yes. I've had an MR license for nearly 20 years, and drove trucks for over half that. I didn't even move from the traffic lights, as I knew the truck would need all the room it could get. i also know that when driving a truck and negotiating a tight corner, to look in the mirror to see if there are any obstacles. Something this bird didn't do, as she didnt even realize she was dragging a 2 ton car through the intersection.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Uhhm, yes. I've had an MR license for nearly 20 years, and drove trucks for over half that. I didn't even move from the traffic lights, as I knew the truck would need all the room it could get. i also know that when driving a truck and negotiating a tight corner, to look in the mirror to see if there are any obstacles. Something this bird didn't do, as she didnt even realize she was dragging a 2 ton car through the intersection.

Considering you have been driving for approximately 10 years, you should be aware that dragging 2 tonnes of car through an intersection with a 40+ tonne load would be difficult to feel....The fact the driver didn't notice straight up may be another area of dispute.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Considering you have been driving for approximately 10 years, you should be aware that dragging 2 tonnes of car through an intersection with a 40+ tonne load would be difficult to feel....The fact the driver didn't notice straight up may be another area of dispute.
He only drove MR, so baby trucks. Thinks he's good enough to play and compare his experience with the big boys while he tootles around in his little Dyna.

Failed to give room to the truck and wonders why he got crushed.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
There's one in every group.

i take it you didn't read my post where i said i didn't even move from the lights when they turned green. Bit hard to "give room" when you're at the lights behind the lines just minding your own business.

If you consider a 14 pallet Tautliner 'little" ........

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
A Kenworth B Double (I'm not joking). both waiting to turn right at traffic lights truck took the corner too tight.

i take it you didn't read my post where i said i didn't even move from the lights when they turned green. Bit hard to "give room" when you're at the lights behind the lines just minding your own business.

today-on-things-that-never-happened-today-on-things-that-never-happened.jpg

.If you consider a 14 pallet Tautliner 'little" ........
Yup.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
That's settled then. The witnesses and the insurance companies got it wrong, and some know it all rolling in on his high horse has got it right.

Thanks, i can sleep well tonight

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There's one in every group.

If you consider a 14 pallet Tautliner 'little" ........

There are a few factors that could be taken into account....ie, was the semi able to use another lane, from the intersection to negioate a wide enough turn? Were you close enough to the gutter to allow the turn? I don't know....I can only go by what I have seen out on the road and what you have written

Oh and a 14 pallet tautliner is shorter in length than a B-double.....Don't know how I know that when I do tyres on trucks when they're off to the side of the road.