Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

well this sucks

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
First of all apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread.

We were at a major intersection, where the two right lanes could turn right. I was well within my lane. If i was anymore to the right i'd be hitting the medium strip. Lights went green, I didn't move. Truck took off and took the turn VERY tight.
It was a very tight turn, which SHE took all wrong. Before the prang i was actually thinking to myself that the truck was pushing their luck trying to take that turn .
I understand some truckies' frustration at how car drivers drive, but I've seen some truck drivers of late that drive like absolute f*****g retards, so it's a two way street.

And finally, I wasn't insinuating a 14 pallet tautliner is the same length as a B double, though nor is it a "little dyna".

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
First of all apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread.

We were at a major intersection, where the two right lanes could turn right. I was well within my lane. If i was anymore to the right i'd be hitting the medium strip. Lights went green, I didn't move. Truck took off and took the turn VERY tight.
It was a very tight turn, which SHE took all wrong. Before the prang i was actually thinking to myself that the truck was pushing their luck trying to take that turn .
I understand some truckies' frustration at how car drivers drive, but I've seen some truck drivers of late that drive like absolute f*****g retards, so it's a two way street.

And finally, I wasn't insinuating a 14 pallet tautliner is the same length as a B double, though nor is it a "little dyna".

Firstly, you first said a B-double cleaned you up, then you said something about a 14 pallet Tautliner....I wasn't there and I don't know what hit you and am still none the wiser.

I know there are f-wits that drive all sorts of things....I see them on a daily basis....I can only make assumptions on what the POSSIBLE cause might have been in your instance....Which is what I have been throwing out there....But of course you aren't seeing it as that...You're immediately saying truck drivers are getting worst, when in actual fact, drivers in general are getting that way. Or it could be because I'm a grumpy old bastard and there are more cars on the road, which creates more headaches driving around

To end it all, all I can say is, thank f....you weren't seriously hurt and if you were, I hope you have made a speedy recovery....

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Stroppy.....It's not just Asian drivers.....A couple of years back, I had an Australian woman ram into the back of my car, whilst it was at a T-junction....Yes, I pulled over to exchange details, along with her, but she didn't get out of her car....Instead, she made some rant about me being a ******** stopping at a T-junction and took off....Fortunately I got photos of her and her snot box as she made a hasty get away.....When I reported it to the Police, I was just about ready to drive off, when she turned up to lodge her report...

Prior to that I had another one written off, because an Australian male driver failed to see me stopped at a red light and used me as his brakes in an 80 KPH zone.....

The driver of the T-junction incident was in her early 30's and the traffic light incident driver was in his early 40's....None of the cars were insured (yes my fault), so guess who wore the cost of the write off? The T-junction one, is repairable and fortunately I have a mate that is more than compentant of the panel repairs, so it's going to set me back about $300
Of course you are right, it is not just Asian drivers. There are a heck of a lot of idiot drivers from all backgrounds. The women who hit you seems like one of those idiots who think that it's impossible that they could do wrong on the road. I hope the cops booked her for refusing to exchange details at the scene of an accident.

It's just that my experience has been that many errors I see around my local area seem to be committed by Asian drivers in brand new expensive cars. Either they simply don't look and lack observation skills or they completely ignore the rules. Don't get me started on disabled parking...they are the worst offenders at my local shopping centre when it comes to parking illegally in a disabled space. I've told many an Asian driver to move in these situations with more than a few either ignoring me or threatening to punch me...and when I have asked them to move I have done so in the most courteous manner! Being disabled myself I can't begin to tell you how frustrating these people are...they seem to not give a fig about anyone but themselves. A Chinese friend tells me that this is the norm in China and police have had to resort to big fines to discourage illegal parking in disabled bays there.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thread cleaned, gentlemen please keep it on topic or warnings will be issued.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A Kenworth B Double (I'm not joking). both waiting to turn right at traffic lights truck took the corner too tight.

So the smart move would have been to take off quick when the light went green to ensure she had plenty of room on the inside of the turn where the trailer on the B double is going to cut the corner?

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
first off sorry for bringing up my old thread. I have a question for anyone that has had a write off before. The salvagers could not cancel my rego since I had personalised plates and I had taken them off. So the insurance company told me I had to do it. So I get my refund from d.o,t
The insurance company has said they cover the new rego ect. I assumed I would have to return the refunded rego money to the insurance company, like how they take the unused insurance. They said I keep the money. Does this sound normal to anyone??

Also my car arrives at the dealer tomorrow. woooooooo hoooooo

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've never been in this exact situation, where my insured car was written off, but in the past when I have cancelled the rego, the money came straight to me.....I would assume, you will keep it, especially considering the insurance company has said it's yours and you did pay for it to begin with....

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
first off sorry for bringing up my old thread. I have a question for anyone that has had a write off before. The salvagers could not cancel my rego since I had personalised plates and I had taken them off. So the insurance company told me I had to do it. So I get my refund from d.o,t
The insurance company has said they cover the new rego ect. I assumed I would have to return the refunded rego money to the insurance company, like how they take the unused insurance. They said I keep the money. Does this sound normal to anyone??

Also my car arrives at the dealer tomorrow. woooooooo hoooooo
I can only speak from ancient history in NSW but I got the plates off my written off car and got a rego refund so it's 'normal' to me. Good to hear your replacement car is sorted!

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
That makes me happy I get to keep the rego!!
Well after 3 and a half months of driving a shitty navara I have my new baby!! Now just to keep dickheads from crashing in to it!!!
Picked the big girl up today. Tint on Monday and opticoat as soon as I can book him in. It has the red centre cap on it now too.
Question though. Do the redlines come with the v sill plates as standard now? I thought they were an option

19732154_10159009980920596_8776318059368576537_n.jpg

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
That makes me happy I get to keep the rego!!
Well after 3 and a half months of driving a shitty navara I have my new baby!! Now just to keep dickheads from crashing in to it!!!
Picked the big girl up today. Tint on Monday and opticoat as soon as I can book him in. It has the red centre cap on it now too.
Question though. Do the redlines come with the v sill plates as standard now? I thought they were an option

19732154_10159009980920596_8776318059368576537_n.jpg
Congrats Theott. Worth the wait I hope. All over now. ENJOY!

Keep an eye out for the D...heads.