Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wepn WH Stato ls1 on 20's

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
thanks man, just gave her a wash she needs a polish for sure, I don't know why the bottom looks champagne in the photos its grey in person lol

2011-09-22101249.jpg

Last edited:

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Off the road now appear to have blown the gearbox.....will update when I know for sure.

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Off to get a new reco transmission, The box that went bang was built by R*** shift, the new shop will be using a completely different box upon me telling them who it was built by, says allot.
2011-10-18101215.jpg

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
good to see its getting fixed, ive heard alot of bad stuff about that workshop, if you dont mind me asking who is doing the new box?

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Preston automatics and differentials, I have only heard good stuff about their work and aftersales service. can't wait to get it back the old box was slipping off its head, free convertor and cooler with a reco box.

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Thanks guys, been off the road nearly 4 weeks been missing the comfort and power hehe.

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
My cars ready to be picked up bout to head down now. Has the reco auto in, right hand drive shaft is in bad shape, left hand is in not bad shape and diff needs a tension. Will be taking it real easy for a while. need to save up more cash.

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Ok picked it up from preston automatics and differentials, Andrew there who built the transmission took me for a quick spin in my car and showed me how I should drive it for the first 1000km's (like I'm driving miss daisy). explained to me why my rear end clunks and its the left driveshaft, also my open diff is very whiney. he quoted $2500 for a complete reco rear end with 3.46 LSD with pair of new driveshafts. Out of money for now after the transmission so going to take it easy til I pay it off, it drives very nicely now with very little effort and very friendly while cruising along (it used to surge in 4th with the old box) It has some minor toughening up done but he didn't go into specifics, Also got a free torque convertor and trans cooler. Glad to have it back. He stands by his work and said to bring it back straight away if theres any problems, highly recommend them.