Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what a great start to the day this morning...

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
every time i drive home from work after dayshift i seem to hit the fog at the top of the range and as stated already. if u got no fog lights then low beam is the one u want to use, hi beam is too nuch glare.

op that was a big hit! good to hear u and the other driver are ok

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
who gets up at 6:30 AM anyway :p

im at work by 6:30am!

but back on topic, its a shame that you car is how it is now, looked really nice and clean.
isnt it a rule to have your lights on between dusk and dawn?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I got a $40 fine for "misuse of fog lights" when I had my S13 because I was driving past some guys who were meeting up for a hoon session & the cops drove past me & did a u-turn and pulled me over (at which point the hoons then proceeded to bail past me) & the cop was like "it isn't even foggy & why are they yellow?" to which I said umm it IS foggy & they are stock like this, I didn't colour them, but alas, he was a douche and fined me, and I asked him if he was happy that a fog light fine made him meet his quota lol

Interesting, real fog lights are yellow. This is because yellow light penetrates the fog better, whereas whiter lights reflect back more.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
He should have had headlights on but it isn't the law, so i suppose there isnt much you can do.

It IS the law - you can be fined and receive demerit points for an offence which is "Drive at night or in hazardous conditions without appropriate lights"

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Who's going to judge it though. Unless an officer was there then you have got a slim chance of proving it.

I fully beleive he should have had his lights on though, I have mine on the instant visibility reduces

But yeah I'm just saying...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
It's the same as people who don't use their lights in the rain, that's illegal too but there's not that much, what's the word, understanding I guess, about rules such as when the legal time is to put lights on etc, there's so much other crap going on regarding road rules that little things such as turning your lights on at 6 instead of 6:30 could mean avoiding a potential crash

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
psycho smurf

You haven't described what type of collision was involved. T-bone? Did you fail to give way to your right, or go onto a roundabout with a car already there? Would the fact that his lights were not on be a legally contributing factor to the collision? Did police attend and what was their opinion?

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
that photo before the crash, where was it taken? i think i recognise that area